Hoping to get started next week, just a matter of clearing a bit of space on the workbench, some railway stuff, a Kinetic Sea Harrier FA 2' and an Airfix Gnat are taking up space at the moment.

Plan is/ well was to build a Sword F3. Took the bits out of the box tonight to give it the once over, and whereas It looks a cracking kit, the belly tank! Oi!, it's far too fat, far too bloated.....kerosene? More like too much KFC!

Just pondering how to reduce its ample girth, I think I may line the inside with milliput and sand it back.

If I manage to finish this one I may try and finish an Airfix F6........

• Like 1

Glad to see things are still moving along for everybody. I've just finished modifying 1080 track links for another project while making (and rejecting) my T5 instrument panel. I'm about to start again hopefully more successfully!

Back with pictures as soon as I can find the hosting password again....

Fortunately my work is slowing down now (about two months later than usual) so I'll be getting some serious time in to catch up.

• Like 2

Is there room for an even later entry, and a bit of a puzzle for you all ?

I have what appears to be a complete Lightning but no instructions or decals, I can't see a manufacturers name on any of the parts so can any of you identify it so I can try to source a set of instructions / painting guide and the appropriate decals.

I have posted the pictures in the build section of this GB, any help appreciated.

Imagine just buying a kit with all the bits together, where would be the challenge in that !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Time is marching on and still I haven't started one! I just can't get 'into' Lightnings at the moment. I have enough kits and decals and sechemes to go for, plenty of info and inspiration but the 'Lightning mojo' isn't there. But I am enjoying looking through the builds going on. Maybe, just maybe, I can get fired up to do one.

I've just completed mine and will be posting pics in the gallery soon, but can anyone tell me if our completed builds can only be shown in the Group Build area or can also be shown in the main RFI? Thankies :)

Still no camera but I'm doing my best.

Before I make a silly mistake would a Lightning T5 of the LTF have the one shot arrestor hook fitted? The Modellers Datafile isn't clear on this and I've conflicting information from my other references.

Please help

BTW the Cranfield T5 appears to be without as the pictures HERE but I'd like to be sure...

Anyone got a set of correct sized squadron emblems that I could use to finish off the Sword T.5? The ones in the kit are almost twice the size they should be :(

Thanks

Woody,

I've just come across the squadron markings on an old Hasegawa sheet which I think are the correct size, you are welcome to those. PM me with the details and I will get them off to you.

• Like 2