Just to confirm Hockeyboy was it this paint you used:

Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium Acrylic Spray 85017

Thanks for the other advice much appreciated - just want to make sure I get the correct rattlecan!

Thanks

Just to confirm Hockeyboy was it this paint you used:

Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium Acrylic Spray 85017

Thanks for the other advice much appreciated - just want to make sure I get the correct rattlecan!

Thanks

That's the badger

Thinking of dipping my toe in the water, either with a breathtakingly original 74 Squadron Lightning, or...another thing, if someone is headed to the PRO in the near future and could do me a favour.

• Like 2

Thinking of dipping my toe in the water, either with a breathtakingly original 74 Squadron Lightning, or...another thing, if someone is headed to the PRO in the near future and could do me a favour.

Come on in, the water's lovely ;) Any squadron option is fine by us. Now, excuse my ignorance, what's the PRO?

Come on in, the water's lovely ;) Any squadron option is fine by us. Now, excuse my ignorance, what's the PRO?

The Public Records Office, in Kew. Erm, I guess it's called the National Archives, but I always called it the PRO when I was researching the Indian Ocean Raid.

I asked this question elsewhere and got the answer that they were more or less steered using the left/right brakes on the main u/c : the nose wheel not being steerable as such (certainly not linked with the rudder) but there was an anti-shimmy lock on it used for take off, landing etc. anyway, it told me all I needed to know - don't have to pose the nose leg to match the ruddar

are you sure, have a look at this picture http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1348854/

Here you go, my first build finished!

DSC_0327.jpg

Joking! Had my ears cleaned out by this beauty this afternoon at Bruntingthorpe.

Thanks to all the folk at the lightning preservation group for laying on a fantastic spectacle. Well worth the visit!

• Like 4

Any advice on the small panel with antennas which are brown colour half way down the spine? Looks as if I need to scratch build the Ae's - any advice on the Humbrol brown colour to use?

All the references show this, but no call out - strange that the 2 ae are also absent?

Ha! I will finish at least one..I will finish at least one...I will finish at least one....(it's not as if I haven't got any Lightnings in my stash....).

A 1/72nd scale F3 first I think......

Look forward to seeing your progress thread Bill :thumbsup:

May I join in....I promise I'll try to finish at least one this time!

I look forward to seeing whatever Lightning you choose, it'll be a cracker I'm sure!

Yes, you must build a Lightning if you want to further your Britishness, it just wouldn't be cricket if you didn't.

Mark.

• Like 1

Yes, you must build a Lightning if you want to further your Britishness, it just wouldn't be cricket if you didn't.

Well now there's no escaping it, is there? Very well.

• Like 2

No, there isn't! Did I also mention you can do a Shark Mouthed one too?

Lightning F.6 XS903

Not that I want to place temptation squarely in your path.....

Mark.

Oh, I know! I actually have that sheet, but in my folly, I swapped the shark mouth decals with someone a while back. If I have courage equal to desire, I may try a Sword F.3 as a 74 Squadron bird.

Well now there's no escaping it, is there? Very well.

No there isn't, so it is no use fighting it PC and as extra inducement we could help to you further your Britishness with some local dialect lessons. That way you could visit any UK region and know what the hell we were talking about. So to set you on your way, as we say up here in the north-west 'Gethisenin' or loosely translated 'Get yourself in'. I'm sure you will enjoy it and I am looking forward to seeing your build now.

• Like 3

So here we are a little over one third of the way into our GB. One finished project already displayed in the gallery and several more well on the way to keeping it company. We have kits in almost every scale possible being worked on and some cracking banter coming through the various threads. Keep up the good work gang :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I would just like to say sorry for not commenting as yet on any of the projects of this GB as time and other things seems to have caught up with me. I have had a look at many of them, and have seen some very good work, which I may use if not on the kit that I am building at the moment but in future builds. Well done to all.