I haven't yet passed the finishing post, but I'd like to thank all those who popped over to my thread and looked over my shoulder. Thanks for the support. I'll finish the little lovely off shortly, hopefully this weekend. Seems the pilot was well named ;)

• Like 3

Even though I failed to get there (again in a GB :weep: ) I've enjoyed what I've done and learned a great deal. For that I Thank You All. Sorry for letting the side down but I'm carrying on alongside my Hawker Fury and she'll be in RFI as soon as possible.

Have a great year everybody!!

• Like 1

Well done to one and all for making this a most enjoyable event. It's been great fun watching so many Lightnings take shape, learning of the issues within certain kits and seeing the cures for them being developed and applied, the excellent banter and inventive naming of pilots, all this has conspired to make this not only entertaining but also produced a great repository of information for future Lightning modellers.

The gallery looks fantastic and I'll get a poll set up so we and the wider Britmodeller gang can vote for a winner if everyone is agreeable?

Alas my own entry has not made the gallery due to personal circumstances but has at least entered the painting stage so lets all keep the momentum going throughout our threads or, as Mish says, the KUTA GB and get plenty more finished Lightnings flooding the main Ready For Inspection thread on Britmodeller. No shelf of shame for these! ;)

Thank you all once again. It's been great fun.

• Like 5

I was glad to participate in this GB as it`s another `Tiger` completed before the annual reunion dinner shortly coming up. Right place at the right time and all that.

Many thanks to the hosts and especially the members who followed my efforts and spurred me on.

Here are some stats for the groupbuild.

There were 24 finished builds displayed.

Versions Qty Percentage
F.6 11 46%
F.2A 5 21%
F.3 2 8%
T.4 2 8%
T.5 2 8%
F.1A 1 4%
F.2 1 4%

Units Qty Percentage
92 Sqn 5 21%
11 Sqn 5 21%
74 Sqn 3 13%
23 Sqn 3 13%
226 OCU 2 8%
5 Sqn 2 8%
LTF 1 4%
19 Sqn 1 4%
56 Sqn 1 4%
111 Sqn 1 4%

Scales Qty Percentage
1/72 19 79%
1/48 4 17%
1/144 1 4%

And in a turn of events which will surprise absolutely no one... :D

Kits Qty Percentage
Airfix 19 79%
Sword 4 17%
Revell 1 4%

• Like 5

Just had a final look at the gallery before voting and what a stunning series of builds you guys have achieved congratulations wish I was a lightning

fan and taken part!

• Like 1

Just had a final look at the gallery before voting and what a stunning series of builds you guys have achieved congratulations wish I was a lightning fan and taken part!

You don't have to take part in the GB to build a Lightning! :D There's always room for another one in RFI. Go on! You know you want to... :wicked:

A great group build, thanks to all who took part, and gave their experiences to help out mere mortals like myself, ultimately giving me a great experience with my Lightning.

It was also a great idea naming 'pilots' too, I have a few more in mind for later projects.

All the best, Raywotisalwayslearning

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And we have a winner! :yahoo:

In a very close contest we have:

1st place: woody37's 11 Sqn T.5

2nd place: tc2324's 11 Sqn F.6

3rd place: DuncanB's 11 Sqn F.6

All three places featured an 11 Sqn jet. I don't know what to make of that! :)

It is interesting to note that there was one vote separating first and second place. Again, there was one vote separating third and fourth place.

Well done to all our finishers. I would just like to add my thanks to all who took part, to all who supported the GB and indeed to all who simply enjoyed the experience. It has been a privilege to be a co-host for this one.

Now... who mentioned Lightning II GB? :D

• Like 6

Congratulations Neil, a well deseved winner. Though I must say it was a difficult choice to make because all three that were placed are great builds and deserved a first place.

Well done again to all those who took part.

• Like 1

Well done to Neil and thanks to everyone for setting up and participating in a great Group Build. I am happy that I have finally managed to complete a model entered into a GB. I have a few months to get ready for the Phantom GB, see you all there.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Missed the voting but my favourite won anyway. Well Done Neil and everybody else who made this so enjoyable, especially those other finishers.

I've learnt a great deal and am still fighting foil. However once I've mastered it......

At least I'm getting closer to finishing!

• Like 2