Alley Cat catches a Gannet

air5

I have struggled over the last 20 odd years to make an AEW Gannet, Frog and Vac u form parts, Made bits and pieces. Last year, a spot of luck came my way and I ordered Alley Cats Resin AEW Gannet. I was capptivated when I opened the box, All that resin, wait ALL THAT RESIN!, Ah well I found a new glue to try out, So bang on to the job, cleaned up the radar ops section, played around with the fit a bit and came to the conclusion. Stop. Figure out how much weight to stuff in the nose to make this beast sit proper. Short answer. a lot. and lots of room for it under the cockpit and behind the prop mounting. Lots and lots and lots.. Fast forward about eight month and the cockpit is done, the paint work on the prop cover is going badly ( I painted it 8 times striped it 7), Final on that was very tiny strips of tape, carefully set side by side to get around the curves. 5 bloody minutes to paint. 2 hours to mask. Paints on the plane are xtra-colors, Testor's yellow, Decals are for Captain Winsors oriantaion rides for air intercepts, or so the instructions say. The Mk. IV Gannet it Revell Germany's issue

GannetAEW042-1.jpg

GannetAEW042-2.jpg

GannetAEW042-3.jpg

GannetAEW042-4.jpg

GannetAEW042-5.jpg

GannetAEW042-6.jpg

GannetAEW042-7.jpg

GannetAEW042-8.jpg

GannetAEW042-9.jpg

Thanks for looking

Glen

• Like 12