1/72 HR Model Nieuport 10 3964, Lt Reginald Bone DSO, 4 Wing RNAS, 19 March 1916

Ah, no, I didn't realise it was a mint, mints are generally plain white in the UK... don't you have gobstoppers in the US? Actually since you don't have gobs, then you probably don't have gobstoppers and you are probably not as gobsmacked as I was to realise that :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

Ah, intriguing... but you don't refer to your mouth as your 'gob' in the US, do you? I can't say I have ever heard it so described in film, television or literature from the USA...

While we are here, how much left to do on the Newp? I can see the prop needs attaching and I presume some measure of rigging for the undercarriage, anything else?

Cheers,

Stew

I attached the prop a little while ago, messing up much of the still wet oil paint woodgrain. All that remains is to paint the tires and to paint and add the gun. As far as I can tell, the undercarriage is unrigged. Then, good riddance!

I believe "yap" is generally used in lieu of gob, but I don't think many people would fail to understand "gob" if used. OTOH, my wife cannot understand a word anyone in Life on Mars says, so perhaps I'm an outlier.

• Like 1

It's all in who you stand next to. I have a fatter younger brother, and as long as I stand by him at family reunions, I always get asked if I've lost weight.

• Like 2