What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought?

roymattblack

Just received the Shunko decal sheet for the 1/20 Tamiya Williams FW07 . I built the kit around 30 years ago & it's looking a bit tatty nowadays , so at last I can strip it down & give it a rebuild

Just picked up an early season version of ebbros new mclaren mp4/30, I know it wasn't a great car but it's a new current f1 car something we haven't seen since the fujimi ferrari f138

Shaun

• Like 1

Well whilst nosing around in our LMS (had some gift vouchers from christmas burning a hole in my pocket)(well I say local 17 miles away)

I was intending to get some plastic safe paint stripper and other supplies so I could get back on the GT500 but I spied this.

xD6R9Uq.jpg

juaasf4.jpg

I must say on opening the box (considering its a Tamiya kit) I'm a bit disappointed the engine is moulded in one piece on the chassis.

fFH5n0A.jpg

I think that is very disappointing for a 50 quid model

• Like 1

From Hiroboy ordered and payed for 1/12 Top studio McLaren mp4/6 - engine set , brake set , drive shaft set , antenna set , and from Grand Prix models - cockpit set , already got the top studio velocity stacks and tray from ebay , I will post photos when arrived.

I`m about £180 in so far and Top studio are yet to release the detail set for the front end of the car which they are from photos I`ve seen from the guys on F1M who have already got the engine detail sets.

its getting expensive and already having the kit , full Senna Acustion set , various sm cf decals , 300+ nuts bolts rivits etc and other top studio bits I`m getting very close to what you would pay for a 1/12 MFH kit , but hey over 2-3 years getting these bits together the finances don't count ( well the wife only see`s the last credit card bill )

I`ve left feedback with Hiroboy asking Steve if Top Studio have any plans for detail sets for the 1/12 Tamiya FW14B and 641/2 .

Red 5

In 1972 Heller produced an accurate model of the Fabulous Kawasaki 750cc Mach IV 2-stroke Triple, which swept all before it in production racing, at the time.....I have a real one in my garage! It was re-popped by Nagano (?) and turns up on E-bay now and again at "fabulous" prices. With Heller's mini-resurgence lately, I would love to see this model re-released. The real bikes are worth anything, now, and the model would be a bit of a seller, certainly my "holy grail" of models, if we assume Airfix will not do a 1/48 SR-53!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Finally got my hands on a set of Tamiya 500cc GP motorcycles, after years of looking and being massively outbid. These were all gathering dust in a colleagues garage, bought a real motorcycle off him too...

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo3_1280.jpg

The FZ250 is a very nicely detailed kit. Built one of these eons ago and want to have a go again x2, can't go wrong with these two for a tenner!

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo4_1280.jpg

B)

• Like 3

I picked up a Canon Porsche 956 and a set of Rothmans decals to convert it to the Jacky Ickx/Derek Bell No.1 car.

0arU9HA.jpg

Really would like to try and get hold of the out of production Super detail kit Scale Motorsport made. Not many come up on ebay though so I'm not banking on it.

Already cut off the doors and front end so I guess I'll be attempting a full scratch build of the front end detail.

QPN9nH5.jpg

My next detailing project. Going to take my time over this one.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Finally got my hands on a set of Tamiya 500cc GP motorcycles, after years of looking and being massively outbid. These were all gathering dust in a colleagues garage, bought a real motorcycle off him too...

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo3_1280.jpg

The FZ250 is a very nicely detailed kit. Built one of these eons ago and want to have a go again x2, can't go wrong with these two for a tenner!

tumblr_o2icetosIJ1tgce2fo4_1280.jpg

B)

Hi A1C3,

come on then, spill the beans, what 1/1 scale machine did you buy off him? Was it a stroker?

• Like 2

Hi all,

B)

The NSR is drop dead gorgeous chap!

Great find.

Rick.

• Like 1

New Years resolution was to significantly reduce my stash - failed miserably in January - Tamiya 1/20 Mercedes SL 300 and Italeri 1/12 Fiat 806! :weep:

Wow I scored a sweet bargain today! :wow: I picked up two Accurate Miniatures car kits for Aus $20 each (£10 each or US $14.30). These kits are AMAZING with their detail with the instructions the BEST i've ever seen! They are in mint condition with all bags of spru's and decals still sealed and untouched.

Both%20AM%20cars_zpsk51hkokv.jpg

The Corvette has some beautiful details but the McLaren is UNBELIEVABLE! :yikes: EVERY HOSE, cable, duct, fuel line is included in the kit (made of vinyl) and has been made to replicate in M8B in every little detail. It really is hard to describe. The manual (40 pages) is like a history lesson with the amount of exquisite detail about every aspect of the car fascinating!

And these came out in 1995 and 1998! What on earth happened to this amazing company? Honestly, the McLaren has got to be one of the most detailed car kits I've ever seen.

This is what I mean

M8B%20Manual%201_zpssdjnuqbc.jpg

M8B%20Manual%202_zpsa0u2fjdw.jpg

M8B%20Manual%203_zpsyomyuagr.jpg

M8B%20Manual%204_zps6xhajonu.jpg

This is what I mean by a detailed manual and the lengths they went to get as close to the real car as possible

M8B%20Manual%205_zpsnyzcughl.jpg

AM%20Corvette_zpsqywmuplg.jpg

AM%20Corvette%20back_zpsaz6ozl2a.jpg

McLaren%20M8B%20Front_zpsiulu6b6t.jpg

McLaren%20M8B%20Back_zpsxcaxmxgv.jpg

Edited by Homerlovesbeer
  • Like 3

New Years resolution was to significantly reduce my stash - failed miserably in January - Tamiya 1/20 Mercedes SL 300 and Italeri 1/12 Fiat 806! :weep:

If you're going to fail, best to fail in style!

Just ordered the Fujimi Lotus Esprit twins (S1 road car and James Bond submarine)

Also just got them both in Hot Wheels versions! My wife wants a real S1 Esprit. think I have more chance of finishing all my stash before we get a real Esprit!

Will have to make do with just one real Lotus in the garage!