What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought?

roymattblack

I bought a MFH Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail 1/24 and its the worse kit Ive ever had the misfortune to purchase?

Holes dont line up with `pips`,Instructions are basic at best (Lets face it,I dont know how a F1 goes together lol)

The plastic formed `glass is pointless because it has no guide lines to guide while cutting them out,Castings are really bad for a kit of this price (£200) and its got to the point where I will either bin it,or try to finish it and sell it on?

Im gutted to be honest!!

When I compare the quality to say,Tamoe,Meri, Tamiya there is no comparison?

Or have I just got a `lemon`?

morning all, just received rare dutch version of 1/9 protar suzuki rg500 in jack middleburg "sarome" colours,also the team gallina version

just seen on ebay 1/8 airfix norton commando at £65,i seem to recall someone asking about one a while back

no. 141843247006

Edited by willie fixit

morning all, just received rare dutch version of 1/9 protar suzuki rg500 in jack middleburg "sarome" colours,also the team gallina version

just seen on ebay 1/8 airfix norton commando at £65,i seem to recall someone asking about one a while back

no. 141843247006

The new Heller (Norton Commando) "reboot" is due out about now? ......... Based on current pricing it should about £50 ... less if you're not desperate: and I've waited the best part of a donkeys lifetime for one..

I bought a MFH Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail 1/24 and its the worse kit Ive ever had the misfortune to purchase?

Holes dont line up with `pips`,Instructions are basic at best (Lets face it,I dont know how a F1 goes together lol)

The plastic formed `glass is pointless because it has no guide lines to guide while cutting them out,Castings are really bad for a kit of this price (£200) and its got to the point where I will either bin it,or try to finish it and sell it on?

Im gutted to be honest!!

When I compare the quality to say,Tamoe,Meri, Tamiya there is no comparison?

Or have I just got a `lemon`?

Interesting that yours has quality issues. I have a pair of the short tailed F1 kits and they're nothing like what you describe. The Resin parts are nicely cast, everything seems to be very high quality. If anything, there's so many parts that I've been hesitant to start them.

Carl

I just received a pair of MFH lotus 49's. Unfortunately, neither seems to come with the Gold Leaf decals which is a bit of a pain considering how much they cost :(

Draz

hope you have better luck than I did with there kits?

Interesting that yours has quality issues. I have a pair of the short tailed F1 kits and they're nothing like what you describe. The Resin parts are nicely cast, everything seems to be very high quality. If anything, there's so many parts that I've been hesitant to start them.

Carl

Im really dissapointed with this kit.Its been a chore,not a pleasure to build?

It seems to me that they just cast the metal whatever and sling it in the box and think `the modeller` can sort it??

The `instructions` are a joke.

I e mailed MFH and told them.

I was going to order the Brough superior but after this I cancelled.

In single purchases from a Facebook group that I'm a member of, a Doyusha 1969 Subaru R-2 Deluxe and an Aoshima GReddy/Rocket Bunny tuned Toyota 86... there may be some cross-pollination going to happen. ::evilgrin::

last purchases for this year: Revell '50 Oldsmobile, AMT Fast & Furious Charger, Wills Finecast Alfa Romeo P3.

Eclectic.

Rich

I started building the Charger a few weeks ago then like fool I watched the film... The Charger went back in the box as the interior is nothing like the film version and all needs cutting out and I couldnt be bothered at the time but one day I will carry it on.

Last buys of the year,

Tamiya RC211V 03 - Telefonica livery

Tamiya NSR 500 - Nastro Azzuro livery

I've had a very expensive few days but Xmas shopping is all done now do treats for me time.

My list of buys:

Hasegawa Nissan yhp r89c

Hasegawa porsche 956 (962) advance

Hasegawa porsche 956 (962) bluapunkt

Hasegawa mazda 767b renown

Revell BMW 507 cabrio

Scale motorsport mp4/13 carbon decals

And to top it off a studio 27 sauber c11 wspc, I have to admit I'm really happy with this one I love the look of these old sauber mercs

Oh and I'm not supposed to know about this on but the missus has got me the new mclaren mp4/2 with the detail set and option stickers, I only know this as PayPal sent me the receipt lol

Shaun

Revell Porsche 918 Weissach, lots of engine detail etc. that will all be lost from view when complete.

Belkits WRC Polo, nice kit shame about the instructions. You can download a copy from the website and print them A4 which improves them somewhat.

Tamiya Yam YZR '09

Fork kits for the above and my Panigale also in the build queue.

A few builds on the bench to finish before I can open the plastic bags on these.

Belkits WRC Polo, nice kit shame about the instructions. You can download a copy from the website and print them A4 which improves them somewhat.

I'm curious. My belkits polo came with an a4 stappled booklet for its instructions. As opposed to their earlier fiesta fold out malarkey lol. Have they changed the instructions back to the old style?

Ashley

The assembly graphics are mono copies from colour CAD graphics some of them are not easy to interpret with big blocks of dark colour, not on par with Tamiya of even recent Airfix considering the cost of the kit

Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 641/2 perfect condition from the well known auction site , new MSM decals for the kit , various 1/20 1/12 scale motorsport cf decals , MFH harness set , MFH beige adhesive cloth and various MFH adhesive metal sheets , detail bits from HK and Japan .

all got over a month ago but sadly all put away until Christmas day - a present from my wife and boys .

Happy days

Red 5

I bought the Hasegawa Silk Cut Jaguar XJR 9 and then realised it has no engine in it what so ever.

Going to have to give it a miss and find a Tamiya version instead.

Still though I'm sure some of the part and decals will come in useful.

After spending too much money last month (acquiring a second 1:8 white metal Vincent Black Shadow),

I've compounded my financial folly by ordering a Trumpeter GT40 and an Airfix Bentley 41/2 litre both in 1:12,

and a CMC die cast, and a couple of 1:24 things with wings.

• Like 1

After spending too much money last month (acquiring a second 1:8 white metal Vincent Black Shadow),

I've compounded my financial folly by ordering a Trumpeter GT40 and an Airfix Bentley 41/2 litre both in 1:12,

and a CMC die cast, and a couple of 1:24 things with wings.

...I hope you bough the Bentley and 1:24 things from Airfix.com, where they are currently on hefty sale discount.... ;-P

bestest,

M.