What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought?

roymattblack

The postie has a Tamiya Michelin Pilot cossie with my name on it

Shweeeet!

Just got a Revell 1/24 '65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback, and a can of Ford Burgundy Red to paint it with.

• Like 1

Had some luck recently with:

Hasegawa Jag XJR-9 LM (with pre-pc silk cut stickers!)

Hasegawa Jag XJR-9 IMSA (Castrol)

Hasegawa Toyota 88C (Taka-Q)

Revell Porker GT1 Evo - (History Channel/Texaco)

Revell Merc 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe - for conversion back into the roadster

Tamiya Schnitzer BMW BTCC (Fina) - never seen this one before so well excited!

Tamiya Yam YZR500 (OW70) Marlboro

AMT Dave Stricklers '62 Chevy Belair Superstock - "The Old Reliable"

Monogram Owens Corning 427 Corvette

So plenty to go at! Well chuffed! (but just a little concerned at the steady growth in American race cars! what's happening to me!??!) :winkgrin:

• Like 1

I purchased a few car kits recently, some lucky spots for good prices and just some really good recent releases;

all 1/24,

Tamiya 300SL (Wow!)

Revell 250 GTO

Fujimi 599 GTB

Tamiya Sauber C9 1988 (AEG colour scheme, I now have both!)

Tamiya PIAA Accord VTEC JTCC (I now have both!)

Not sure when I'll be able to get round to building these, but just glad I got hold of them.

Particularly like the 300SL gullwing, it looks like an incredibly well engineered kit, should go together like a dream!

Rich

Edited by Rich G

Shweeeet!

Just got a Revell 1/24 '65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback, and a can of Ford Burgundy Red to paint it with.

I've just started building one of these, it looks alright, I'm going to have to go with the steve mcqueen look in racing green (even though it's the wrong year of mustang!)

Rich

This arrived for me today

DSC00738_zpsnt95wkur.jpg

I am thinking of making it in the same way as either the 2fast 2 furious skyline or the fast and furious 4 skyline as hobby design have just released 1/24 resin figures of most of the fast and furious cast

Shaun

Shaun, I'd go with the Fast and Furious 4 look and a Paul walker figure, would look really good, although he 2F2F one has a nice decal scheme I prefer the blue one, either way I look forward to seeing your final choice!

Rich

The 'other' thread in the chat area is just 99.9999999% wingy-stuff, so lets hear about vehicles.

Cars, bikes, whatever. Wheels and road/off road/track a must.

Personally?

Another Revell 1/8 E Type.

I bought one of those a number of years ago. The clear sprue was missing so I returned it. Wish I hadn't....

EBBRO/Tamiya Citroen Fourgonnette at a price I just couldn't resist. A very nice little van kit and lots of inspirational pics, on the Intergoogle and Pinterest.

Colin

Postie dropped off a Fujimi Enthusiasts kit Ferrari 246 Dino I bought off FB, courier also delivered the Bleu Sera Zero paint I ordered yesterday.

Cheers,

Warren

My Fujimi FIA Safety Car (Mercedes SLS) arrived yesterday, with the correctly spelt decals. Minor panic as the side of the box shows the decals with Safety spelt Safty!

Cheers,

Warren

Just ordered the Tamiya 1/12 Honda CBR400F - don't know much about it, but I thought it looked suitably retro.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/12bike/html/14035.htm

Andrew

Nice model! I built one 30 years ago and it's a very good kit. Given its age, I'd say it's still one of the best from their series! :)

Edited by vontrips
  • Like 1