What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought?

roymattblack

Those 1/43 Heller kits ended up costing me £12 each all in from a resin conversion manufacturer/secondhand kit dealer in America Star Models also known as Resin Realms which is the resin conversion side of the business.

I figured i'd get 2 kits at a time to stay below the customs import limit only to find he had marked value at $10 on both packages. Had i known i'd have had him send all 4 together with package value marked at $20 and saved about £12.

The Alfa does come up on ebay occassionally as do the others and i've seen them all go for double what i paid or more except for that particular boxing of the Range Rover which is like hens teeth. I've seen later boxings of the Range Rover sell for £20-£35 all in. Ridiculous money.

Sometimes the odd one goes quite cheap like an Alfa-Sud did just after getting mine, it was as new, sealed in bag like mine is and sold for £10 all in.

Edited by smackers

I know and Im sorry, but it does have wheels... look on the bottom of the picture on the box and I will make sure that they turn too........... does that count??

Hi A5h . I built this kit years ago . Do they come as a motorised kit ? Or could it be fitted with a motor ? Think I built a McLaren MP4/4 and a Benetton B188(?) from the same range . I think they maybe in my loft stash .

Gary .

Hi Gary

Its the motorised version which takes 2 pencil batteries, judging by the size of it I think they are the AAA type (not looked only seen it in the instructions)

I only bought it because I read the Gunze cars are rare and it was £10 including postage from Ebay, seemed a shame not to look after it, not sure if I will even build it, got that many in my stash now with more on route its getting a little silly, more so when I start my new job soon and will be working 6 days a week for the next 20 years!!!

Another arrived today and 1 more in the post office to collect tomorrow + 1 on route from Hobby link Japan and an R1 when the guys Paypal is fixed.

Think that takes me to over 40 on the to do list.

rgv_zpsvqvnckcg.jpg

Post office are holding this one

pajero_zpsxbnncg8s.jpg

• Like 1

Picked the pajero up today and im a little disappointed, the decals are slightly creased at the top of the paper and seem to have dried out and gone crispy.

Will water sort it out does anyone know or is that it for the top ones game over aftermarket or parts box jobbies here we come?

Edited by A5h

A bit of a mixed bag recently. The Porsche 961 is a bit of a disappointment but could be ok with a couple of improvements. New Tamiya Merc Gullwing is an absolute peach!

A couple more Revell Cobra's takes my total of these up to 8 (I like this kit)

The ERA is a white metal kit, I have built one before but enjoyed it so much I had to have another. Already have some hand laced wires in stock for this one.

Finally the MFH Alfa TZ2, what a beautiful kit! I'm really looking forward to that one.

WP_20150416_003_zpscvjy3kdj.jpg

All the best,

Steve.

What a nice score you have there, I wondered what the Gullwing Merc is like, being the new boy in the Tamiya block I bet it is really nice, judging on their other boxes I have used.

Nice kits Steve , 66 Targa - looking forward to that one being built , 1/24 scales these kits will be tiny compared to your normal builds , have you run out of space ? , would I be wrong saying there will be lots of added scratch building going with most of these kits .

Red 5

Nice kits Steve , 66 Targa - looking forward to that one being built , 1/24 scales these kits will be tiny compared to your normal builds , have you run out of space ? , would I be wrong saying there will be lots of added scratch building going with most of these kits .

Red 5

I rarely work in any other scale than 1/24 so you may have me mixed up with another member. I think my last two models not in 1/24 were the Tamiya Lola T.70 and Trumpy GT40.

Anyhoo, you are quite correct, some of these kits will be 'garnished' with AM and scratched details.

Cheers, Steve.

Well, sort of a non post really? ........... Or rather to post a bit of a stash update, The T's because it's great to have an earlier version of the venerable Model T, and something a bit crisper than the now very aged AMT version. The Ebbro "4" because I used to actually have one of these, and regardless of it's lowly status it was a pretty cool motor car - or perhaps I just made it so??? (Smiling now of course - I've never been cool in my natural). It was known as the "Art car" and somewhere I have a picture of it whilst at Art school, complete with a phenomenal "I want to break free" moustache (me not the car) - actually that was pretty cool. right up until the video came out. The figures ... well, for seven quid it would of been rude not to!

Stash_zpsyvgk2dnd.jpg

Just added the 1/16 Revell VW Karmann Ghia to the stash so the 1/16 Italeri Mercedes 300SL Cabrio don't look out of place. Am in a bit of a dilemma as to what next though to join them, 1/16 Revell VW Beetle or wait for the 1/16 VW Samba Bus?

Update with pics of latest purchases

IMG-20150425-00101.jpg

IMG-20150425-00102.jpg

IMG-20150425-00103.jpg