Hungarian mk 4s

Panzer Vor!!!

Hello

I'm looking for info Hungarian mk4,s I ve seen one pic which wasn't the best but showed one in overall green scheme .Any one have better refs as to the colours and markings

Also does anyone have a knowledge of a mk 4 turret mounted on a Panther hull??

Seen one pic of it on a train the blurb said it was a field mod late war poss 44/45

D

Can't help with the Hungarian question.

But yes, there was at least 1 Panther D field-fitted with a Pz IV(H?) turret. Only 2 photos are known to exist, including the one you found. Story is that it was originally a Bergepanther and that the turret was fixed. Gun may not have been functional: aiming difficult to say the least. Suggestion is that it was used as a befehlspanzer command vehicle, possibly by the unit executive officer. User unit was S.Pz Abt 653, a Ferdinand unit. This unit also had the only combat use of the original Porsche Tiger, with the standard Henschel Tiger turret. They also had a T-34 fitted with a Flakvierling 38 turret, and reputedly another Bergepanther similarly converted. And T-34 used as munitionspanzer. There was a (now) vastly expensive book by someone called Munch all about Pz Abt 653.

Why convert valuable Bergepanthers, even the early basic D type? Allegedly because they couldn't tow a dead Ferdinand and were therefore no use to the unit. A Bergetiger (P) was later produced and the later Bergepanther G was much better.

Cyber Hobby did produce a kit in 1/35, but is OOP and rare. Must be conjectural anyway, bearing in mind zero references. Sounds like a simple enough conversion. Bergepanther D with recovery gear removed, fittings probably left, only had simple recovery gear anyway. You'll need the ICM Bergepanther D kit. Plus your choice of Pz IV turret with Schurzen, probably ausf H but could be late G. Gun looks like H muzzle brake. Plate over the turret ring with card, add a few bolts and/or welds.

Hello

I'm looking for info Hungarian mk4,s I ve seen one pic which wasn't the best but showed one in overall green scheme .Any one have better refs as to the colours and markings

Also does anyone have a knowledge of a mk 4 turret mounted on a Panther hull??

Seen one pic of it on a train the blurb said it was a field mod late war poss 44/45

D

Aye up,

Try this,

http://mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=67

I have a copy and it gives all the info you will ever need on Hungarian armour, colour and markings. It even tells you that the German's charged them full price for used MKIV's! :fuhrer:

Regards,

Steve