Revell 1/32 Me 110 G back to C model-can it be done?

Radpoe Spitfire

The nose would be different too depending on which Gustav the kit was intended to be. I don't know the kit at all but the differences between the 110C and the 110G were quite substantial and well documented so would be slightly (only slightly though) surprised if Revell got it so badly wrong.

Duncan B

Thanks for your replies everyone- understand where folks come from when suggesting the Dragon kit, the choice is partly cost, part challenge & a bit if nostalgia. It's one of those types I saw as a kid, and wish I'd got when they were th only game in town-it's a post 50 something, I reckon.

At the moment,I'm endeavouring to build a number of Battle of Britain types in 1/32, I'd like to get the Revell day variant, but if the G can be be converted, it will do.

When the kit was first issued, it was -C; when the -G (allegedly) was issued, there were vociferous complaints that the kit was basically unaltered from the original.

That's the story I'd heard, whether they altered various moulds to suit I don't know.

Anything *can* be done. It depends how much work you want to put into it. I've seen (many, many years ago) the ancient Revell kit turned into a BoB era 110C that was a masterpiece. A heck of a lot of work, but it *can* be done.

I've always been a firm believer that a kit is a 3d blank canvas, I'm the past I've converted a 1/32 Venom to a Vampire NF10 and have Hasegawa and Revell 1/32 Spitfires earmarked to make a Mk 16, so agree with you entirely.

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire