1/72 - Arado Ar.96A/B-1/B-3 & Avia C.2 by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

All details are here: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/09/competition-guess-type-of-our-new-model.html

Monday, 22 September 2014

Competition guess the type of our new model for E-day 2014.

One of our new models in 1/72 scale has been prepared as a surprise for you modellers for this year´s E-day show. This model is also our October news. And because the competition associated with Bristol M.1C and the search for mysterious Amberkoj base met with enthusiastic response, I decided this secret project to participate in our next contest. So this time you will guess type of the airplane which was chosen for our model now. If it turns out that that nobody guessed today, we will publish another picture as a guide. And so it will go to the final solution.

The winner who guesses first the correct type of the airplane will receive as a reward one free model and even will be able to choose a decal option. So there is nothing easier than to guess the correct type and send an e-mail to our [email protected] address.

soutez%2B01.jpg

soutez%2B02.jpg

A. R.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

New elements. (N.A. T-6 Texan/Harvard?)

2014 - a new hint

As no-one of our English blog visitors has until now guessed correctly the name of our mystery aircraft, we have decided to give you another small hint.

Perhaps these pictures of the plane´s windshield and the cockpit interior may help a bit.

soutez%2B04.jpg

soutez%2B03.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

AR96 then

But this would be stupid as there's a 1/72nd new tool Arado Ar.96 coming from Kovozávody Prostějov !

Is the 1/72nd kit market for such a small aircraft without historical significance big enough?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967651-172-arado-ar96bavia-c-2-by-kovozavody-prostaejov-box-art/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

ASSUMING IT IS: How much sense did it make when the decision to make and tool up for it was made? Anyway, in the end, a KP Arado makes no money for MPM. The Ar96 should be a fairly popular subject with sales for all, but I'd (unrealistically) like an Ar96A not just the inevitable B.

Sooner have had a T-16/Canadian Harvard...

• Like 1

But this would be stupid as there's a 1/72nd new tool Arado Ar.96 coming from Kovozávody Prostějov !

Isn't the situation between AZmodel (so KP) and MPM at little tense ? Didn't they both release a 1/72 AH-1 Cobra ? Doesn't that look stupid from the customer point-of-view ?

Edited by Laurent

How do you say stupid in Czech?

It's a Arado Ar.96B-1/Avia C.2... ref. SH72310, SH72312 & SH72315.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/09/soutez-ukoncena-prekvapeni-na-e-day-je.html

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Contest is over, the suprise for E-day is Arado Ar 96B / Avia C.2 1/72

So, the contest has ended after two days. While Czech modellers needed only one day to guess by the wheel disks that the correct answer is Arado Ar 96 / Avia C.2,

foreign visitors of our blog needed two days. So, the reward will go to one Finnish and one Czech modeller.

And what will the Arado look like? Here are previews of the kits boxes, a photo of the first test shot (with still undershot wing tips) and some other smaller parts that

you´ll find in the box. First models will be available during this weekend´s E-day show and you can find them on shop shelves in October

MPM_krabice_ruk%C3%A1v_SH72310_Avia_C.jp

MPM_krabice_ruk%C3%A1v_SH72312_Arado_Ar_

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

More pics and instructions here: http://www.ipmsnymburk.com/forum/viewtema.php?ID_tema=38422&page_d=0&idp_d=0&idc_d=1&show_html=

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Stupid from the customer point of view? Certainly not, it's good to have a choice.

As said above, it may well not be deliberate. This isn't, after all, the first time two companies have brought out the same subject at much the same time. It happens. You don't know your competitors' plans when you commit yourself to a subject.

• Like 1

Stupid from the customer point of view? Certainly not, it's good to have a choice.

Yes but it's wasted ressources that could have been used on a different project.

As said above, it may well not be deliberate. This isn't, after all, the first time two companies have brought out the same subject at much the same time. It happens. You don't know your competitors' plans when you commit yourself to a subject.

We'll never know the truth I guess.

Lots of options for the Ar96, and I guess the Czech version makes it a popular subject in their home market.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/books/ar96bookreviewse_1.htm

I have a heller one earmarked for Air Min 120, but I need to get the decals from somewhere!

14-2.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming

Hmmm... Brown plastic from SH/MPM looks very similar to the brown plastic from AZ HQT molds. Can it be a repack of KP plastic in MPM boxes?

Answer : No

Anyway the camouflages and markings

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/09/avia-c2-and-arado-ar-96b-1-camouflage.html

SH72310_Avia%2BC.2_camo%2B01.jpg

SH72310_Avia%2BC.2_camo%2B02.jpg

SH72310_Avia%2BC.2_camo%2B03.jpg

[imgl=]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vHlKNBrXYcU/VCJvpsHl3PI/AAAAAAAABhI/EujwHQHjJUY/s1600/SH72312_Arado%2BAr%2B96B-1_camo%2B01.jpg]

SH72312_Arado%2BAr%2B96B-1_camo%2B02.jpg

SH72312_Arado%2BAr%2B96B-1_camo%2B03.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Not exactly a subject I'd race out to buy, but it's nice to have a couple of manufacturers giving us options. Even better if one screws it up and the other gets it right.

If nothing else, the KP kit will most certainly have a more agreeable price, on the local Czech market at least, than the Special Hobby/MPM kit will.

I like what I've seen of what AZ is doing to resurrect the KP brand and hope they keep doing well. I also like that AZ's owner, Mr. Muzikant, is on these forums and seems very interested and responsive to modelers' interests and desires even if he has to give a negative response to them.

I'm currently working on a 1/72 Zlin Z-226 put out recently under the KP banner and am quite enjoying a very stright forward and hassle free build. I can't say the same for most Special Hobby/MPM kits I've built over the years.

• 3 weeks later...