Classic British Car kit availability

cmatthewbacon

It's 1:32 scale. Master model arrived from the 3D printers so I've blown one coat of primer on and sanded it down to get rid of the "contour lines" that you get on gradual curves. Another two of paint and sanding and it should be ready to cast.

IMAG1733_1_zpsd5nhju8h.jpg

IMAG1734_1_zpsdvudwns0.jpg

• Like 2

No problem to post on the facebook page, the plan is to just have the slotmags for an S1 but anyone can get a bit creative with resin bodyshells adding the cooling ears, tweaking the tail lights and it's not far from an S2 Turbo I think?

This is me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chase.cars

and the Lotus is on the "forthcoming bodyshells" page here: http://www.chase-cars.com/index.php/bodyshells/

OMG - not just the Esprit is cool on your page. The Bluesmobile, Christine, Mustang Mach 1, Colts Pickup,... need to save some money. How about a Ford Falcon? Should fit in your line up pretty well. And (not just to get back the topic of British cars) a DeLorean...

Rene

• 1 month later...

Vacform windows and interior are done, I cast another bodyshell to have another go at painting the black stripe down the side, a marker pen and ruler got a reasonable result - remember this will be a slot car so whizzing past and not a static kit. That's my excuse anyway, I'm sure anybody else could make a better job than me.

Quite a few graphics to do, I've done the numberplates and badges but that's taken a while, I'll get some waterslides made soon. Interior with driver and passenger next.

IMAG1931_1_zpssgql939l.jpg

IMAG1932_1_zpshjhxp1va.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I haven't read the whole thread because my PC is getting terminally slow, but why are some K&R kits being mentioned and the dreaded SMTS, when all the others aren't that are made by them and others in 1/43rd scale?

Then there are all the slot car kits available, of which I've made about 50 masters in the last few years alone! Latest being an Audi Group S rally prototype, a TR2 and a Ferrari 312B and they are only in the last 3 months!

The list is almost a book if you look at it that way.

My own contribution as Guild Master Models would include XJ 13, Piper GTR and Ginetta G15. You won't find a Healey 100/4 as I only did 3 of them and I have one! Then there was the ill-fated McLaren M23 "Hunt" for which I did an all brass master in 1/24th scale. It became the centre of a nasty court case over ownership and as far as I know, only one set of castings was ever made, from which I have one cam cover set!

Cheers,

Martin

No, only with my impatience to get the final kit built....

That, and what to do next that will cover my outlay. The good news is that every mould I make results in a better part with much less trimming of resin flash, the bad news is that the slot car world is still very difficult to second guess

Just stumbled on this thread.

I have the Bandai 1/16 Esprit. In a partially completed atate. Nice kit as far as I can tell.

Did you know that they did a 1/16 Jag XJ-S (US Spec with silly round head-lamps sadly). I have that in my stash as well.

Shame that Bandai gave up making car kits, they did some cracking stuff in 1/12, 1/16 & 1/20 scales.

Oh, I nearly forgot. Fujimi did a 1/16 Jaguar Bertone Piranha. Had that as a kid. Neighbour came in while we were on holiday to feed our guinea pig and decided to do some dusting, why I don't know, and the jag ended up on the floor. Apparently, it was my fault that it was on the side-board (!!!?!!).

Still rankles after nearly 50 years...

All the best, Alan.

Gareth, you work in a niche area, so it will always be a bit difficult to guess what's wanted. My main customers either know what they can sell or have enough money to have what they want made and just hope to cover costs.

Currently doing a UFO Shadowmobile in 24th scale for Heritage Aviation and an Italian Job coach in 32nd! Finishing the Dragon Rapide first though, then maybe I might have a bit of summer left to build my kit car!

Cheers,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Watch out for that helicopter! burnout.gif

Bear in mind that my model building skills are terrible, but the car looks great on the track. I've done a female passenger in resin but the vacform interior has just a driver so you can choose either.

This uses the narrow front axle because my wheels have hubs on the back. The chassis fixing is the same as on my Volkswagen, the normal two fixings are trimmed off leaving one central fixing. The rear overhang on this is incredibly short!
IMG_20150808_181359_zpsrgrzcltj.jpg

IMG_20150808_181509_zpsekzwdwm1.jpg

Stiff springs for almost zero roll, but steering still looks good

IMG_20150808_183344_zpsysttn3vm.jpg

IMG_20150808_182721_zpszbqsayyx.jpg

IMG_20150808_183752_zpszbmhxgm8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Was there a civilian version of Monty's Humber by Airfix?

No, there wasn't - I'd have had one if there had been. My Uncle Richie used to have a Snipe in the late 1940s and early '50s, I was about 4 or 5 at the time, and it impressed me greatly. I've often thought of getting a Monty's Humber and doing the conversion, but doing the sedan body has always struck me as well beyond my skill level!

• 2 weeks later...