1/48 Italeri C-130 H

Mr B

Hi folks

I am just about to start on a 1/48 C-130. This is done in conjunction with a local group build and I am building this with an accompanying diorama base for a mate who has been asking me to get a c-130 done for him. Killing two birds with one stone and I personally got no space to display this massive wonderful aircraft. Once done will move onto a smaller c-123 for my own collection

image_zps75a2e354.jpg

It will follow the Malaysian SE camo but with the smaller national markings and revised aircraft codes from FM to M

image_zpsce959a52.jpg

Glued the two fuselage sections and next is to smooth the joints and start on the cockpit

image_zps0d446cdc.jpg

Look at the size of the tail fin....massive but nice.....

will not be rescribing it mainly OOB build......

Wish me luck

Rgds

mr b

• Like 5

It sure is a big model, i have one i have rescribed to about 85% , then i broke down and put it away until i gather more strength, the good thing is the kit is made of quite strong plastic which it needs to support the wings etc

Good luck i will be watching this !

Cheers

It sure is a big model, i have one i have rescribed to about 85% , then i broke down and put it away until i gather more strength, the good thing is the kit is made of quite strong plastic which it needs to support the wings etc

Good luck i will be watching this !

Cheers

I wondered what had happened to that one Norm. I can remember you starting it, like you say, you pretty much had it completely rescribed

Thanks guys

I agree tht the scheme suits the big bird well.....hope to get some work done over the week n will post my progress

Its been close to 20 odd yrs since i build this same kit as a gift for a royal dignitry who visted the home base of the malaysian herks when my dad was the base c/o

Progress soon

Thanks and happy modeling

Rgds

Mr b

This is going to be an impressively beautiful kit.

It must nonetheless be nice to know people who have room in their house (warehouse? hangar?) for such a monster!!!

But I am sure you are going to make your friend proud.

Cheers

JR

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jean

I am already struggling in managing it for painting....

Anyways got some stuff done

image_zps6d639f90.jpg

image_zpse06947ca.jpg

Cockpit floor and bulkhead....before details, filtering and weathering

image_zps09c4e866.jpg

Instrument panel before details and washing

image_zpscec3de8b.jpg

Cockpit walls done. My ref shows the rear is a different grey shade

image_zpsa3fc4a5f.jpg

Preshaded in full......next some color.....

Need to push it up one notch.....an up coming public holiday is around the corner so let's see if I can get summore done....

Happy modeling folks

rgds

mr b

• Like 2

Thanks Exdraken....

got some progress......started and finished the nose gear bay...

image_zpsf51d2b20.jpg

image_zps1c5e370f.jpg

Went for green ....don't know if it's correct......

image_zps52623e57.jpg

image_zps43c1ef4d.jpg

image_zpsa4a6b3cc.jpg

Finished up the cockpit area ...and the side walls.....use simple masking tape belts to create the impression.....nothing much can be seen once closed up anyways.......

Will post better pics once I get the whole front end together

Next is to assemble the nose gear area.....the bunk, nav table and start in the cabin area......kinda hard to manage due to its size but managing this far.....

Rgds and Happy modelling

mr b

• Like 3

Saw these RMAF Herkys doing their familiarization flight to Kota Kinabalu from the 2nd floor of my school during the late 1970s.To a lad of 17 years old living near the fringe of the Borneon jungle,it was really a grand sight. During the Vietnam War,RAAF Neptunes can be seen at the airport and I can still remember watching the young crew members walking to the two neptunes which flew off with a big roar,but the biggest roar came from an all black B57 which maybe was flying too close and too low to the school.It was the sight nor sound that can never be forgotten.Keep up with the good work Mr.B,hopefully to see the Herky in all its glory soon.

Thanks a lot guys ...much appreciated.......Kamptiger love your history ......and yes spooky and the stig....big big big hehhehe

Smeds......thanks ....for the information...much appreciated.....a bit of artistic license on my part then I guess......kinda like it green

happy modeling guys

rgds

mr b

Hi Folks

managed some work. The whole interior is painted and washed.....now just some toning, dry brushing and flat coat

image_zps53b22873.jpg

image_zpsb26c0b78.jpg

image_zps82b31e21.jpg

image_zps84d956b8.jpg

image_zps4ff6bae7.jpg

image_zpsb30a9c47.jpg

Next is to finalize the toning/ dry brushing and flat...then put in the windows and close the sides.....and tackle the engines and wings.....

happy modeling

rgds

mr b

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated for the nice words....yes I plan to load it up in the cargo bay.....

Got some progress.......been sometime.....

image_zpsf7ef04af.jpg

bits and bobs to put in before I close it up

image_zps17c63a5a.jpg

most of the cabin is in...not a snug fit ....maybe it's me or what ....but needs some fine tuning

image_zps6e9306b2.jpg

got this landy to put in....but it's a wrong type it was never used by the Malaysian Armed Forces...but it will have to do.....

image_zps06880dea.jpg

Rear area might do some minor enhancements ....but not too sure

image_zps97b4abb1.jpg

Got the wings and engines done up too....just blending it in ....then clean up and ready to mount......I was thinking of getting the wings on before mating the sides.....it's massive and I am not used to the size....

image_zps02ba2446.jpg

started on the cargo bits...just to get a feel.....still loads to go and to finalize

Hope to get it to the paint shop soon........

Happy modeling

rgds

mr b

• Like 5