Late entry Tamiya 1/48 Mustang *FINISHED*

Hi there!

I saw this group build about a week ago and quickly bought the Tamiya kit. I will build Fred Munder's "Skyczar" and I started this week.

Here is the progress so far.

I'm building two kits at the same time (Skyczar and a Swedish Mustang) but after finishing the interior of both aircraft I have put more effort on the Skyczar to finish it in time. Also in the picture is the 109 that I was building when I stumbled upon this group build.

image101_zps70e0d4a3.jpg

Yesterday I filled the panel lines on the wings.

image103_zps6dcec97f.jpg

Only some small Alclad testing remains (this is my first NMF-build), then it's time to lay the paint down.

/Erik

Edited by somnas

When cleaning my airbrush before making the first alclad coats I spilled rubbing alcohol all over the model (the one time I didn't follow my rule to never clean the airbrush anywhere near the projects) so I ended up stripping all the paint off and started over.

Now it just looks like there's a black wash all over hehe!

image105_zps15df062e.jpg

• Like 1

Underside of wings painted in dull aluminium. All that's left now before I can start with the markings and weathering is top side of wings with dull aluminium and airframe aluminium on the black parts in this picture.

image107_zps596dd7bb.jpg

Edited by somnas
  • Like 1

The stripes turned out better than I thought, no paint in the white areas which I was worried about but I also used very used tape to minimize the risk.

The white colour is "off white" from Gunze and it may look a bit creamy now but I think it will blend well with some weathering.

image111_zpsa5971721.jpg

• Like 2

While waiting for the water to boil I thought I upload the progress of today. Did the OD anti glare and also the red on the nose and spinner. The different tones of red is because the spinner has already got itself a coat of future. I had also completely forgot about the stripes on the flaps so I did them as well.

image115_zps11161b9d.jpg

image116_zpseddd9960.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you Stix!

All covered with X-22, now I will just have to add very few decals, final assembly and do the weathering and we are done. What I was most nervous about was the clear coat and that is looking good so I think I will be able to finish this in time!

image117_zps2a3746aa.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you good chaps!

All the decals are in place and sealed. That was the plan for today but I couldn't help to start the weathering (my favorite part), just did a little on the OD, one of the landing gears and one of the exhaust stacks. Tomorrow is D-Day for this group build and I hope to be able to put this one in the gallery.

image118_zpsad9e42e4.jpg

Everything laid out for tomorrow.

image119_zps7554eb3a.jpg

/Erik

• Like 2