Hawker Hunter WB202 in 72nd scale

Col.

Finished another conversion to the Revell 72nd scale Hunter kit. This one is WB202 as the F.2 prototype when fitted with four dummy Firestreak missiles. A couple of fellow Britmodellers were kind enough to give me spare missiles from their Matchbox Lightning kits and all the other changes to backdate the F.6 were scratch built including the pylons and narrow bore tailpipe. Decals were a mix of kit roundels with Modeldecal codes and the raked fin flashes also from a Modeldecal sheet intended for a Lightning. Painted with Alclad and Humbrol enamels.

20140920_123441.jpg

20140920_122959.jpg

20140920_123514.jpg

20140920_123209.jpg

20140920_123157.jpg

20140920_123126.jpg

20140920_123540.jpg

20140920_123055.jpg

20140920_123732.jpg

20140920_123314.jpg

• Like 15

Nice work mate. I'm just about to start a Revell F6 myself. I've heard it's an excellent kit. No fit issues I presume?

Nothing major that taking a little time and attention will avoid ;) The lack of an intake trunking isn't too noticable if you fill the gaps inside where the wing fits to the fuselage.

Nice job Col, I'll hopefully get to see it for real in October.

DB

Cheers Duncan and yes hopefully I'll be there with it on club night to sit on the table next to your 410.

Cool looking Hunter Col., the silver finish shows off the beautiful lines a treat,

Sean

Cheers Sean. The cleaner lines of the early Hunter marks does suit such a simple scheme whereas I think all the lumps of later models seem to look better in multi-coloured camouflage with large squadron markings.

Wonderful build Col., You really did an excelent job with this nicely looking model of a classic design, just a dream of a model.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,.

Cheers Luis. The Hunter ranks high up on the list of my favourite aircraft designs and having such a great kit to work with is a treat. Perhaps that's why I have so many of the Revell kits of this machine in all three scales in the stash :lol:

At the moment I've got three other Hunters on the bench in various states of progress so hopefully have more to show in the near future :D

• Like 3

Nice Hunter Col. Any chance of it getting a public viewing on Saturday?

Mark.

Alas no Mark. Real life is getting in the way I'm afraid to say so won't be around on Saturday,

Very nice clean lines and finish Col. -this model packs a serious nostalgia punch for me! cheers, Dave

Thanks Dave. You got some previous experience of the kit or real machine?

looks good well done

Glenn.

Cheers Glenn nice of you to say so.

Thanks Dave. You got some previous experience of the kit or real machine?

`Not as such Col., Lightnings were always thundering about during my childhood but I do seem to remember sleek, all silver jets (like your model) being all the rage at that time... D.

• Like 1