1/72 Italeri Ju87B Canopy Paint masks - are there any?

Rabbit Leader

All,

I have seemed to become a bit of a Canopy mask addict - that is I find it difficult to think about starting 'said' kit until I have an AM Canopy Mask on hand.

I've come across 1/72 Stuka Canopy masks for the Fujimi kit, however cannot seem to find one for the Italeri model.

I find this quite odd, as I would have thought that the Italeri kit is more widely available than the Fujimi offering.

Anyway - on second thoughts, has anyone tried the Fujimi masks on the Italeri kit? - Do they fit OK?

Cheers .. Dave.

Edited by Rabbit Leader

• 3 months later...

Hey Dave

I hunted high and low for a canopy mask for my 1/72 Airfix J-87 and never found one.

It's a bit of a frightful canopy on the Stuka and a decent mask would sure help.

Doesn't seem to be much at all in the market which seems weird.....Maybe Eduard could come to the rescue for us!

After trying a few different things I ended up sitting down to about 3 or more excruciating hours of slicing tape up and then sticking the resultant shapes on!!!!!

OUCH!!

But it worked!!!...

10525887_381754351986362_562270142569706

Good luck with the build

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Anyway - on second thoughts, has anyone tried the Fujimi masks on the Italeri kit? - Do they fit OK?

Word on the street is that the Italeri canopy is slightly smushed compared to the Fujimi one, but it could be a decent basis to start from. I use Hasegawa masks on Fujimi Phantoms and there's minimal snipping needed compared to starting from scratch.

Thanks guys...

Bruce - you've done a wonderful job on that Airfix Stuka.. I'm glad that three hours of blood and sweat paid off.

PC - Yeh, after studying the Italeri kit against some photographs, I did notice that things weren't quite right. I contemplated purchasing a clear vax one designed for the Fujimi kit... then thought against the whole project. Now Airfix are coming out with another, so I just might have to wait to see how that one comes up.

Cheers and thanks.. Dave.