New Airfix Kit Announcements at SMW 2014 - 1/72 He.111, Defiant, Sea King

Richard M

I'm guessing it'll be a 1/24 scale model of the first British team to win the European Cup, the Lisbon Lions!

Ok, well maybe not but still want them to scale down the 1/48 Sea Vixen and Javelin though.

Duncan B

Just got on the Telford train, and bouncing off the walls with excitement (OK, it's at least partly the coffee). My last-minute punt would be a Shack MR2 or (if we're stupidly lucky) a Victor B1 with option for a tanker. Hoping it's not another 1:24...

• Like 1

Less than an hour to go...

I'm going to go for 1:72 Shack, 1:72 Defiant, 1:72 Vampire (fighter), 1:72 Hurricane (metal wing), 1:48 Spitfire XIV, 1:48 Vampire Trainer.

Remember you read it here first! :lol:

As an Essex boy you have forgotten a few extras while on the stereotypical subject. Rusty wheel arches. Pointless Sierra cosworth rear spoiler. Go faster stripes and the Wayne loves shaz sunstrip on the windscreen.

Where in Essex? I'm in Harllow although I am an exiled Londoner.

Nice one, but I think better a mark 1 Capri in Essex spec ie furry dice, mot failure no tax disc etc, whoops sorry I forgot about the paving slab in the boat to improve the handling around corners !

Cheers Pat

If we are going the full Dagenham Dustbin look, it's got to be an 80's Capri in a vile colour, not only with furry dice and a Darren- Tracy sun strip, but you also need the classy tiger print seat covers. I'm surprised tamiya/Revell don't already sell one in 1/24. It could be the full Del Boy Capri 'Ghia'look. Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

Nice one, but I think better a mark 1 Capri in Essex spec ie furry dice, mot failure no tax disc etc, whoops sorry I forgot about the paving slab in the boat to improve the handling around corners !

Cheers Pat

A Mk 1 is madness, Airfix have slipped up on their Market research, it is well known that the 2.8 is far more popular, we could have Eduard do etch sets to make them into copies of vehicles from the Professionals, someone could come up with Bodie & Doyle figures...this is doomed to fail...

If there is going to be a new 1/24 kit, I suspect it will be a WWII subject - Spitfire MK IX or XIV to the same standard as the Tyhphoon please. If it is a jet (Please Please!), my guess is a Hawk, Hunter or a Meteor.

Edited by Blacktjet

Just got on the Telford train, and bouncing off the walls with excitement (OK, it's at least partly the coffee). My last-minute punt would be a Shack MR2 or (if we're stupidly lucky) a Victor B1 with option for a tanker. Hoping it's not another 1:24...

Neither on the Telford train nor bouncing with excitement!! :lol:. Definitely agree with the rest though!! If we're even MORE stupidly lucky it will be a Vulcan B1, new tool Vulcan B2, Victor B2, VC-10, C-130 (any variant will do!), brand new B-52 (that definitely qualifies as a large kit!!!)................................................!!!!! Kind of resigned myself to it being a 1/24 kit though. If I'm wrong, that is a bonus!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

having taken the proportions from the known size of the Tiffy box on display, I have calculated that the empty display case is indeed 1/24 Blenheim size :thumbsup:

or 1/72 B-52 size or, 1/72 VC-10 size or, 1/72 C-17 size or, 1/48 Vulcan size or........................................................!!!!!!! :lol:

Allan

• Like 1