New Airfix Kit Announcements at SMW 2014 - 1/72 He.111, Defiant, Sea King

Richard M

Well, DaveCov's 1/350 QE model will be part of the display on the Airfix stand, wonder how many people will think it's a new kit.....

Well thats a good way to stir up interest, although i do hope they do it in both 350 and 700 for a more managable size and price

Just bought my Airfix Mag to cheermy up for not going to SMW and for the free Calender which has a Defiant on the cover. They might be re-issusing the old 72nd one, but who knows....

Me I would like a new 72nd one with the right nose shape.

Taken from the latest Airfix newsletter, sent via email.

"Scale ModelWorld Telford 2014 - Airfix Designers Reveal All

Date: 06/11/2014

Only a few days to go until the biggest weekend of the year for scale modellers, Scale ModelWorld 2014 at Telford (8th & 9th November 2014).

The Airfix team will be there in force for the duration of the show (Hall1 stand G6), in addition to an Airfix presentation in the Newport Lecture Suite at 11.00am on Saturday, where some VERY exciting news will be shared about the forthcoming 2015 Airfix range."

... Cheers.. Dave

Edited by Rabbit Leader
  • Like 1

What about a live televised cross-feed for all those who won't be in a position to be there.

Just a thought - although quite a rather expensive one!!

Cheers.. Dave

It's actually pretty cheap to livestream stuff like that, I think. Lord knows troubled teens seem to be able to manage it all the time.

• Like 4

Apparently Airfix are publishing the Telford release on their website at 1200hrs on Saturday for those who don`t go to Telford.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony, the Airfix newsletter says it will be on the website at 1:00 PM, so looks like you'll have to wait another hour :evil_laugh:

Although i'm sure some kind soul who's at SMW will break the story earlier :please: