New Airfix Kit Announcements at SMW 2014 - 1/72 He.111, Defiant, Sea King

Richard M

From the latest IPMS UK SMW 2014 News update;

http://smwshow.com/news.php

Whilst we are on the subject of traders, Airfix will be announcing a large new model at 11:00 on Saturday at the SMW 2914, I am lead to believe that it will be in 1/24 scale.

Or possibly it is for 2914.....

Hopefully it is a completely new tool kit and not a re-issue "New for 2015", given how misleading and vague the Airfix marketing has been recently describing re-issues as "brand new" etc.

Another couple of possibilities are a re-issue of the Mosquito as a bomber, and possibly the Typhoon with a car door. (The TSR.2MS re-issue which had an amended sprue was also described as "New Tool" on the website).

Edited by Richard M

Nah...it's the Falklands special 1/48th Black Buck set....a Vulcan and Victor in one box....it's true....'the voices told me' :mental:

• Like 2

All Airfix has said is 'large new model' no scale given.

My 2p worth is an Avro Vulcan in 1/72

Robert

Nah, Richard the SMW Manager is also a member of the Bomber Command SIG, he would have phrased it differently if it was an RAF Bomber type in another scale.

Plus Airfix are plugging the new Corgi diecast Vulcan in 1/72nd on their website so they are unlikely to bring news of a new cheaper plastic kit a month after their sister company released a more expensive diecast model.

I think Richard M may have it with the Mosquito Bomber as the fighter version in OOP and racking up good 2nd hand prices.