New Airfix Kit Announcements at SMW 2014 - 1/72 He.111, Defiant, Sea King

Richard M

I quote Airfix..

And the doors are now open!! We are here in Scale Model World in Telford all weekend come by and see us. Don't forget our 2015 product announcement at 11am in the Newport Suite which will then be displayed on our stand from 12:30pm

Half expected something on the Airfix site, their FB page or on Twitter by now, or maybe we have to wait for 12:30?? Now very curious :-)

1:00 pm on the Airfix website.

Edit: That was the time given in their recent email and still on the website.

Edited by chaddy
  • Like 1

Anybody opened a book on what the announcement will be?

You have to hand it to Airfix, they are really learning how to generate interest in their products.

• Like 1

Looks like the design team are now using 3D laser scanners, going by the 3D images of themselves here:

http://www.airfix.com/news/scale-modelworld-telford-2014-airfix-designers-reveal-all/

I don't think the big announcement today will be a 1/24 kit- unless it is the Mosquito B/PR, as a whole new-tool kit in that scale is a huge expense, and I don't think they'd do one so soon after the Typhoon.

As this thread is in the rumour section, will it cease to exist in a puff of blue smoke when actual announcement of a 1/350 QE carrier is broadcast?

If only......

Dave

• Like 1