New Airfix Kit Announcements at SMW 2014 - 1/72 He.111, Defiant, Sea King

Richard M

It looks like it's just a Hornby Hobbies roller banner as I can see a picture of a plane below the train. Someone probably bunged it in the van as they thought it would be a better backdrop to the stand than a brick wall. No doubt several hundred pedants will be keen to point out the error of their ways :rolleyes:

• Like 5

A Ha...so they're advertising their OO gauge stuff on the Airfix stand...........that makes sense....NOT

Almost as much sense as turning up to the largest scale model show in the world where there will be thousands of plastic kits assembled to amazing standard by dedicated modellers - and having a 1/3rd of your display showcasing lego style toys for kids.....

Edited by Richard M

...of course we REALLY need to know what's in the box that says "Carry this way up"......

Almost as much sense as turning up to the largest scale model show in the world where there will be thousands of plastic kits assembled to amazing standard by dedicated modellers - and having a 1/3rd of your display showcasing lego style models for kids.....

Indeed.......

Almost as much sense as turning up to the largest scale model show in the world where there will be thousands of plastic kits assembled to amazing standard by dedicated modellers - and having a 1/3rd of your display showcasing lego style models for kids.....

Now if they were selling them, a lot of bored kids might take them up! Got my lego obsessive the Spitfire and he was quite happy with it!

Almost as much sense as turning up to the largest scale model show in the world where there will be thousands of plastic kits assembled to amazing standard by dedicated modellers - and having a 1/3rd of your display showcasing lego style toys for kids.....

What's wrong with Lego style toys for kids? My son is 5 and he loves them. He has also built a number of kits as a result.

• Like 1

What's wrong with Lego style toys for kids? My son is 5 and he loves them. He has also built a number of kits as a result.

Nothing, if you are at a toy show aimed at kids, personally I'd rather they had used their space at Scale Model World to showcase their Airfix scale models, new range, future kit plans, planned model innovations etc. Your mileage may vary.

I'm going with the 1/6 scale line of political personalities. I hope they release Roy Jenkins, he has a lot of potential marking options, including some for whiffers.

• Like 7

The size of the case says VC10 :)

I'm going with the 1/6 scale line of political personalities. I hope they release Roy Jenkins, he has a lot of potential marking options, including some for whiffers.

Or, could be Roy Hattersley, the space in front of the cordon would keep the folk well away from the spit :D (not a political comment, think "Spitting Image" :) )
  • Like 3

Well its going to be interesting what Airfix tell us all today

And i am looking forward to it

I do have my fingers crossed for a Shackleton ...and a victor ..and for large scale

Got to be a lightning .....but i don't hold out much hope for any of the above ....

Edited by iain.. ipms north somerset

For my last minute prediction i am going to go left field and say it is not a 1/24 plane at all, but a 1/12 car, specifically a lada riva in Russian winter spec.

Fingers crossed!

Nice one, but I think better a mark 1 Capri in Essex spec ie furry dice, mot failure no tax disc etc, whoops sorry I forgot about the paving slab in the boat to improve the handling around corners !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1