1/72 Hasegawa Weapon sets

steeli

Hi guys

are the weapon sets well molded etc? I'm building a couple 1/72 models including a Airfix Buccaneer and it especially needs a better ordnance load.

Was thinking of some resin replacements, but there's quite a bit in those H boxes for not too dissimilar cost...

cheers

Check out Eduard's Brassin weapons, they've just recently started doing modern (ish) US made weapons such as the Sidewinder, Phoenix and Sparrow. I know those aren't really suitable for a Bucc but you may find them useful on other builds. Obviously if you bought lots of them, they would work out a lot more expensive than the Hasegawa weapons sets but they are very nice indeed!

thanks

Mike

If you want weapons for a Bucc then the Has sets might not be the right place to start, they are US specific. You'd be as well to pick up a cheap Revell Tornado GR1 kit. That has 1000lbers both dumb and LGB plus some nice AIM-9s plus you get the best 1/72 Tornado kit out there, probably for less than the weapon sets retail for!

• Like 1

If you want weapons for a Bucc then the Has sets might not be the right place to start, they are US specific. You'd be as well to pick up a cheap Revell Tornado GR1 kit. That has 1000lbers both dumb and LGB plus some nice AIM-9s plus you get the best 1/72 Tornado kit out there, probably for less than the weapon sets retail for!

I got the revell tornado gr1 for the gr1 but so far I've nicked a fuel tank and will be using the LGBs, the kit, I haven't touched it!

Those stores in the revell gr1 box are very nice indeed.

This is good advice.

Also, I have hasegawa sets D/E but in 1/48th, I've not used any as yet but they look good. Glazed parts and decals.

Maybe no use for this but for future reference or somebody else reading.

Hi guys

are the weapon sets well molded etc? I'm building a couple 1/72 models including a Airfix Buccaneer and it especially needs a better ordnance load.

Was thinking of some resin replacements, but there's quite a bit in those H boxes for not too dissimilar cost...

cheers

Hi there

Well as part of my personal Buccaneer Midlife crisis let me say that some of the best British weapons are on Hasewaga kits Sea Harrier and Harrier GR3 as source of 1000 pounders GP bombs, BL755 Hunting Cluster bombs and Sea Eagle ASM also another source of BL755 are Jaguar and F-16 A/B/C/D kits

RAF 68 mm SNEB rocketpods also in Hasewaga Jaguar and Harrier Gr3

US stuff for Buccaneer are TER, Pave Spike laser designator and the ALQ ECM Pod

If you want to do a SAAF Buccaneer only other store you needis the AS-30 ASM that can be found from Heller weapon set and Italeri Mirage 2000N

Best day

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER

I sure wish Hasegawa included Paveway 4 and maybe a couple of other bombs in this set. No one makes a good Paveway 4 that I know of in 1/72nd scale right now. Can always keep hoping...

Tom

I sure wish Hasegawa included Paveway 4 and maybe a couple of other bombs in this set. No one makes a good Paveway 4 that I know of in 1/72nd scale right now. Can always keep hoping...

Tom

Whilst there may be a very obvious explanation, I'm surprised that the after market community hasn't stepped in to fill this gap yet particularly as PW4 seems to be the payload of choice for most current Western European air arms.

Whilst there may be a very obvious explanation, I'm surprised that the after market community hasn't stepped in to fill this gap yet particularly as PW4 seems to be the payload of choice for most current Western European air arms.

PW4 is the weapon of choice for the RAF. No-one else uses it.

Olimp's PW4s in their Herrick sets are very nice. A tad fiddly to assemble, but they certainly look the part.

On the subject of weapons for RAF aircraft:

This is the weapons set that all those who bought the Hasegawa EF Typhoon have been expecting to see (buy the Typhoon, get a weapons set).

Which is a shame as apart from the AAM's,none of these weapons are used by Typhoon!

Selwyn

• Like 2

Hi there

Well as part of my personal Buccaneer Midlife crisis let me say that some of the best British weapons are on Hasewaga kits Sea Harrier and Harrier GR3 as source of 1000 pounders GP bombs, BL755 Hunting Cluster bombs and Sea Eagle ASM also another source of BL755 are Jaguar and F-16 A/B/C/D kits

RAF 68 mm SNEB rocketpods also in Hasewaga Jaguar and Harrier Gr3

US stuff for Buccaneer are TER, Pave Spike laser designator and the ALQ ECM Pod

If you want to do a SAAF Buccaneer only other store you needis the AS-30 ASM that can be found from Heller weapon set and Italeri Mirage 2000N

Best day

Armando

Try white ensign, they do some British 1000lb bombs.

Selwyn

PW4 is the weapon of choice for the RAF. No-one else uses it.

Olimp's PW4s in their Herrick sets are very nice. A tad fiddly to assemble, but they certainly look the part.

L'Arsenal do nice PW4 in 1/48.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Which is a shame as apart from the AAM's,none of these weapons are used by Typhoon!

Selwyn

Details!, Mere details!! :lol: . They're used on mine!! A bomb's a bomb after all!! :D . Besides,you don't know for sure they'll never be carried by Typhoon so, for anyone who gets in a hissy fit over accuracy (like my good friend & fellow modeller - Douglas) I simply say "Well, this is how it will look when the aircraft IS cleared to carry those items! Ergo, the model IS accurate". (cue poor Douglas shaking his head & crying into his beer!) :D .

Allan

I always wondered why I got Storm Shadow with my Revell Typhoon, as they don't actually provide it with their Tornado's which actually carry it (although don't they still do the GR1 and not the GR4...?!)

I take it the Hasegawa Typhoon doesn't come with any EPW2 like the real thing carries...? :)

Do Airfix have an email address to badger them into doing a new 'modern weapons set'...

I always wondered why I got Storm Shadow with my Revell Typhoon, as they don't actually provide it with their Tornado's which actually carry it (although don't they still do the GR1 and not the GR4...?!)

I take it the Hasegawa Typhoon doesn't come with any EPW2 like the real thing carries...? :)

Do Airfix have an email address to badger them into doing a new 'modern weapons set'...

The Revell Tornado is a GR1, so it won't have Storm Shadow. Their Typhoon includes it because it's on all the marketing gumph from Eurofighter and is likely to be added in the future.

The Hasegawa Typhoon doesn't come with any LGBs, so no EPW2 or PW4. Olimp's Typhoon detailing set comes with some nice EPW2s though...

I think I have the old Airfix 'modern weapons set' kicking about somewhere at home...