Space Battleship Yamato General Thread

Misrule

For almost the first time ever I predicted something!

New 1/1000 kit revealed, a Gatlantis Carrier!

f008.jpg

nubles-space-battleship-yamato-2199-2012

I think I'll have to buy one of these when it gets released. And now I assume the other ships will be released in the same scale too. Looking forward to it :)

Edited by bhopper

Agreed, the cruiser and destroyer are almost certain to be done, hopefully released as a two set :)

Lot of investment in a bunch of models with pretty limited screen time. Hope its a sign we're going to see them more in the future :P

not sure I like them as much as I do their other ships. The intake like things look very insectile - quite a move away from the normal elongated scoop look. Are these meant to replace the current class of astro-carriers and battleships or just add to the fleet? I hope they're not replacements as they don't look as mean, sleek and aggressive as the other ones.

These new ships represent a different alien empire by the name of White Comet Empire Gatlantis, they are a new player on the galactic scene and are an enemy to both Earth and Gamilas. These guys are green rather than blue and if memory serves they come from the Andromeda galaxy.

These Gatlantis fellows are invading Gamilas space and making serious inroads, as they push through the weakened Gamilas fleet they will eventually run into Earth space and begin an invasion.

We've seen them briefly in the series fighting the Gamilas navy and as PoWs in a Gamilas prison camp, and it looks like Earth and Gamilas will join forces in the new film to try and fight past an advanced guard from Gatlantis which is where I'm thinking these new models are from, tying into the film release :)

Very insect look to them, which is a bit odd as the Gatlantis folks are just normal looking guys but with green skin :P I think the 'eyes' are a type of teleportation device but I could be wrong on that.

If there is a second series the invasion of Earth space by Gatlantis was the big event including the best battles in the entire saga, hope this is a sign it'll happen :)

thank goodness for that - for a moment there, I thought the Gamilla's had lost their style :)

Aren't the Gamilla's green skinned as well? How do you tell them apart - aside from the ships?

Wow, the tiny bridge crew is incredible :P

Looks like he's recreating the first conflict between Yamato and the Domelaze. Yamato couldn't penetrate the Domelaz'es forward armour at range so had to get a bit closer....

z8meu.png

15gp3pv.png

Edited by Misrule

There is a trailer now for the new film showing the next batch of green villains :)

Also shows a green battlecarrier, so thats three confirmed variations on that ship now. nice :)

For those who know the series, check out the Lambea, which shouldn't really be there at this point in the story. Looks like she may have survived her battle along with her commander :)

10676391_781164015258777_467434222936808

I had a couple of the Bandai 'Mecha' range of Yamato kits arrive from HLJ yesterday. Yamato herself and one of the triple deck carriers.

For a kit costing less than £2 (AUS$3.50) they are very detailed and plenty of plastic, both having 5 sprues.

Will post a few picks up over the weekend.

Cheers,

Warren

Nice. I've been eyeing up a few of those little kits of late, but I have enough to do without another distraction :)

Be a heck of a job to light one of these ;) whose up for the challenge?

I was in a hobby shop today looking for hard tipped cotton buds (or Q-Tips for the non Aussie's) and I saw the Garmillian mother ship kit - you know, the ship that has the core ship as a separate kit (I've forgotten the name for some reason...*cough - beer ... cough*

I almost bought it - very cheap - $6.99 AU or about 3 quid.

BUT - when I was at the counter, the bloke there said to me "Mate, I know you love your 2199 stuff, but turn around and check out what's on the shelf"

So I did - and there was the Domelaze. The third.

I almost did something in my pants, and had to have a peak inside!

man that is a HUGE ship! I had an idea it would be pretty big, but pics on the net do not show you how really big this thing is!

It's an awesome kit!! I got my wallet out and then asked how much. He told me and I put it back. $180.00 AU...

Besides - there was no way in hell would I be able to sneak that box past the "Eagle Eyes" wife.

But man - I sooo want it even more now that I've seen it in the plastic.

However, when you look at it for some time, you can see where they could have designed it a bit more aggressively. I know it's been pointed out numerous times, but that front shaver nose just isn't doing it for me. Whilst I butter up the wife on a xmas gift idea, I'm thinking I might even have a crack at designing something myself. Of course, I would work on it properly before hacking up such an expensive kit..... :hmmm:

I also kind of like the idea of adding some more fins to the rear of the ship. It doesn't have enough in the right places for me.

Maybe I should get 2... and then get a family lawyer..

• Like 3

yeah - I do like that twin nosed ship. That was the mecha one I almost bought today. I should have - but I already walked out of there spending more than I wanted to. And I still didn't get my cotton buds!

Edited by Madhatter

I finally got my ancient camera back, one 90% done dreadnought....

2d0kpbo.jpg
24pflmv.jpg
impem8.jpg
ddhq92.jpg
1zld3jc.jpg
14nzdcx.jpg
Still need to blend the weathering in a bit, smooth off and sand some of the rougher paint
Haven't worked on it for a while because this guy has been taking my time up :P
b8res2.jpg
Edited by Misrule
  • Like 2