Fly Models 1/32 Wessex HC.2 & HU.5

Kagemusha

we can pick this new offering apart until the cows come home - and we'll all (and I am one of those) find at least a few wrong bits in there, but the truth is, this is an order of magnitude better than anything italeri has coughed up in the last few years.

By what I can discern from the photo's, this looks like it will build up into a very good Wessex with the minimum of scratching

but I am going to have trouble finding white ROYAL AIR FORCE decals in 1/32 - that's for sure

I just checked 84 sq by any chance ? nice photo thanks

Guy

I'm sure as always with us modellers, that we will find lots wrong/inaccurate with the model, especially those who have worked on the Wessi/Walter. However there seems to be lot going for the kit. So, lets enjoy it.

Colin

• Like 2

I hope to be able to do a 84 sqn based in Cyprus , my Father in law flew in 84's machines when based there in the 70's/80's but he can't remember which mark it was. I suppose there will be after market decals available soon.

My wife's friend who's father flew Vulcan's also remembers them when he was out there and got a few flights in them that would be in the 70's.

Guy

Doesn't look like there is an option to do the intakes without the tarp cover on them :shrug:

Hi

we are looking into this but waiting for the kit parts for measurements, the main rotor fold and blade holder will be similar to our 48th scale version, we are also looking at these parts also, one piece exhausts, top rotor head plate, external long range fuel tank, and weapons, we have also done some of this for the 48th scale wessex but not ready for release yet,

regards robin

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received mine a couple of days ago and I must say I'm really impressed with the quality, nice crisp molding coupled with a very nice amount of detail. I will however wait for the aforementioned rotor fold as the width is definitely going to cause problems with display!

What we need now is a 32nd scale seaking after all we all remember them and having spent three years on the mark two at prestwick it would be a great keepsake. Please consider this

Worked on the mark 3 at Portland 737 squadron and on board hms Glamorgan Willie iv so would like to see one of these also please. Having read the review and seen the pictures I think that the flot cans are too big and may need rounded a bit more also

Worked on the mark 3 at Portland 737 squadron and on board hms Glamorgan Willie iv so would like to see one of these also please. Having read the review and seen the pictures I think that the flot cans are too big and may need rounded a bit more also

Can I please state that anyone folding the main rotor blades on their Wessex folds the port side so that the leading edge sits in the cradle. Having viewed most of the models made all of them have the blades the wrong way round. The blades on that side were disconnected from the head using a c spanner or your hand if spanner could not be found and then the blade was rotated. Using the pole it was shoved up to take the weight and the top pin was knocked out. This I know having spent long periods on a heaving deck of hms Glamorgan. Happy modelling.

• 1 year later...

I believe HAS.31 was a Westland designation, in RAN service they were Mk.31A or Mk.31B

or Wallies, oily excrement heaps or several other names usually preceded by "effing"

• 6 months later...