RAF/RN Ordenance colors

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well right now I´m starting my personal Harrier Modeling Madness and the Buccaneer Midlife Modeling Crisis but one thing here as I just check my sources and no mayor information about the actual ordenance colors

I´m specially after RAF Matra pods, 1000 pounders, BL755 cluster bombs and Sidewinders

At some point in this life my intencion is to evolve to the Phantoms so wonder about the Sparrows and Skyflash AAM

A simple photo and brief color explanation is more than enough BTW I have access to Humbrol and Testors Model Masters paints

Best day

Armando

US manufactered missles such as sidwinder, amraam, sparrow are all US ghost gray Hum127, skyflash being based on the sparrow were probably also ghost gray but can't be certain on that, the bombs I think are just RAF dark green same as the wrap around camo, so which ever dark green you use on the plane is fine for the bombs, I use hum 163

Hi there

Well right now I´m starting my personal Harrier Modeling Madness and the Buccaneer Midlife Modeling Crisis but one thing here as I just check my sources and no mayor information about the actual ordenance colors

I´m specially after RAF Matra pods, 1000 pounders, BL755 cluster bombs and Sidewinders

At some point in this life my intencion is to evolve to the Phantoms so wonder about the Sparrows and Skyflash AAM

A simple photo and brief colour explanation is more than enough BTW I have access to Humbrol and Testors Model Masters paints

Best day

Armando

if you care to search Britmodeller there are loads of posts on British weapons.

but in short for operational weapons;

RAF M155 matra pods, depending on era natural metal, black nose.

1000lb bombs and BL755, Deep Bronze Green BS381c 224

Sidewinder standard US gull grey Sparrow US white.

Skyflash, Light Aircraft Grey, BS381c 627

Selwyn

When I was at Brawdy in the early 80's, the SNEB pods (M155 Matra) were green bodies with black nose, the extreme tip of the nose cone was silver. But like Selwyn says, depending on timeframe (earlier) they were silver/natural metal bodies.

When I was at Brawdy in the early 80's, the SNEB pods (M155 Matra) were green bodies with black nose, the extreme tip of the nose cone was silver. But like Selwyn says, depending on timeframe (earlier) they were silver/natural metal bodies.

Smeds,

Oop's! forgot to put green as the later pod colour in my thread!

Selwyn

Practice bombs were generally painted allover blue (can't remember the exact color match) aside from the tail units,this is mainly the 500lb,1000lb & 2000lb dumb bombs as well as the bomb components of all LGB's in use.

On the likes of AIM 9's,ASRAAM,ALARM,Harpoon & Maverick missiles,these were the standard body color as mentioned but with a blue band in place of the yellow HE band.

Selvyn,was'nt the a couple of different marks of MATRA SNEB's in use as well?...

Practice bombs were generally painted allover blue (can't remember the exact colour match) aside from the tail units,this is mainly the 500lb,1000lb & 2000lb dumb bombs as well as the bomb components of all LGB's in use.

On the likes of AIM 9's,ASRAAM,ALARM,Harpoon & Maverick missiles,these were the standard body colour as mentioned but with a blue band in place of the yellow HE band.

Selvyn,was'nt the a couple of different marks of MATRA SNEB's in use as well?...

Spike

Practice bombs are painted Deep Saxe Blue BS 381c 113.

Same colour used on practice bomb colour bands.

Ther were two types of Matra launcher the 155 which everyone knows, and a single use warshot type the 116 whicj looked a lot like a US LAU 3/A with a domed frangible nose. These were war use only and I only ever saw it loaded once (to a Harrier) in my career.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Spike

Practice bombs are painted Deep Saxe Blue BS 381c 113.

Same colour used on practice bomb colour bands.

Ther were two types of Matra launcher the 155 which everyone knows, and a single use warshot type the 116 whicj looked a lot like a US LAU 3/A with a domed frangible nose. These were war use only and I only ever saw it loaded once (to a Harrier) in my career.

Selwyn

That's the badger!!...Thankfully I was able to dodge all but a few months in the dump &,aside from trade training,never got to handle a SNEB pod in the flesh so to speak!