Airfix 72nd scale Short Stirling C.Mk.V conversion- Revamped Old Kit

tonyot

Hello Folks,

This old model was built around 20 years or so ago using a long defunct resin conversion set and was recently pulled out of the loft for a makeover,....here is the before shot;

DSCF1320_zpse7fed775.jpg

It was sanded back ready for a repaint into the earlier camouflage scheme and the window layout was altered to better match the real layout of the C.Mk.V version by filling some in and drilling out some new ones,.....the build thread can be seen here;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965749-stirling-x-2-recycling-an-old-airfix-cmkv-conversion-the-new-italeri-amkiv/

And here is the model mid way;

DSCF1335_zps3c4d00d5.jpg

I`m still building the new Italeri Stirling A.Mk.IV on this `in progress' thread,.....and cheers to everybody who has supported me along the way,...here.

Anyway here is the finished model;

V4wBMl.jpg

1_zps1787ec0d.jpg

elPIHY.jpg

dw3s1P.jpg

2_zpse3f24c16.jpg

sptKMc.jpg

3_zps1f5ddcc1.jpg

4_zps625e4fde.jpg

7_zpsa1d376bb.jpg

6_zpse6e2ee9d.jpg

5_zps3f220599.jpg

Hope you like it and cheers for the resin cowlings Lee!,

Cheers

Tony

PS- As Photobucket are playing silly buggers I`ve added a few of the pics here from another provider,.......but if you click on the Photobucket icons these will take you to the original images.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 30

Thanks everybody for your kind comments,......pity that Photobucket has decided not to show the photos anymore! If you click on the icon you can still see them via Photobucket.

Cheers

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks lads,

Glad you like it,....Rob the conversion was by Flying High but S&M have done a really nice resin Stirling C.Mk.V conversion which has an opening nose if I remember correctly. I intend upon getting one myself and I believe that it s designed for the Italeri kit?

Cheers

Tony

Edit- Here is the S&M Conversion (try Googling S&M,....by the way!);

http://sandmmodels.co.uk/product-category/conversions/

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Thanks lads,

Glad you like it,....Rob the conversion was by Flying High but S&M have done a really nice resin Stirling C.Mk.V conversion which has an opening nose if I remember correctly. I intend upon getting one myself and I believe that it s designed for the Italeri kit?

Cheers

Tony

Blooming heck Flying High I remember them from when I was a kid 20 years ago ! Blast from the past.

I could be tempted :)

• 4 years later...

Hoo, boy! I really liked what you did on the original build, but the makeover is outstanding! Giving serious thought to doing the oft-photographed one in SEAC roundels in India. The C1 is so much more handsome than the bomber variants, in my opinion. Beautiful paintwork, as usual! :like:

Mike

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Hoo, boy! I really liked what you did on the original build, but the makeover is outstanding! Giving serious thought to doing the oft-photographed one in SEAC roundels in India. The C1 is so much more handsome than the bomber variants, in my opinion. Beautiful paintwork, as usual! :like:

Mike

Thanks Mike,...... I`ve never seen a Stirling Mk.V with SEAC roundels mate,..... if you mean the well known one in colour photos,....that had standard roundels.  It does look rather sleek doesn`t it. 

2 hours ago, jhutchi said:

Really nice makeover there 

Thanks mate