As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

IPMS19

- Lockheed F 80 Shooting Star -HOBBYBOSS - 1:48

- Too many shape mistake in this what could have been a modern F 80 kit. I wonder what the conceptors of this kit had in their eyes to produce such visible errors? let only in the air intakes shape.

- So I ve tried to correct these in my own fashion. Matting some T 33 Hobbycraft parts to the ugly Hobbyboss thing.....

009_zps996a3d17.jpg

-The nose with new gun ports..

003_zpsd63defba.jpg

- The T bird central fuselage

005_zps9d250c3c.jpg

- Hobbyboss wing with adaptation to the center section fuselage

010_zps47c22a91.jpg

012_zps4ff2f594.jpg
011_zps3fea9df1.jpg

- The new intakes from Tbird and the top fuselage - Some works required .......And this is the Frankenstein creature...

033_zpsdf2c55e0.jpg
032_zpsa78286cd.jpg
031_zps83915608.jpg

024_zps18c75265.jpg
018_zps25343753.jpg
017_zps79ad29e1.jpg
016_zps2526060c.jpg

- The Misawa tanks were obtained by removing 3cm Of the kit long tanks..The others are too fat to be used....another mistake Mr Hobbyboss

Well done, Sir! Is it real hobby boss! I know this girl personally))))) The best F-80 1/48 still remain the old Monogramm!

Well done, Sir! Is it real hobby boss! I know this girl personally))))) The best F-80 1/48 still remain the old Monogramm!

-You re right...

Interesting stuff, good kit bashing there. Nice result.

Wow. What a fantastic result.

Tom.

Edited by Tomjw

Great kit bashing. But about the same amount of work as rescribing the Monogram kit - which I did on my last holiday (rescribed it and put back into the box for the future...). Really sad Hobby Boss messed this one up too.

Rene

Nicely done. Shame about the kit, it seems i have to wait again for some nice P-80.. It´s one of my favourite post ww2 aircrafts. Anyway, you did great job on the kit bashing :) Have you used some aluminium stripes on the nose (around the black cover)? It is so shiny there, looking cool :)

Nicely done. Shame about the kit, it seems i have to wait again for some nice P-80.. It´s one of my favourite post ww2 aircrafts. Anyway, you did great job on the kit bashing :) Have you used some aluminium stripes on the nose (around the black cover)? It is so shiny there, looking cool :)

- Yes I do..

I think that's the first time I have seen Hobbycraft used to correct another kit. Score one for the much maligned!