Rick's Shunkmodels 1/48 HH-60J USCG Jayhawk FINISHED

infofrog

I think Saturday that project will start .. Nigel Scot will be getting fixed .Sorry little man .. So while Nigel is getting fixed , I will start taping and painting the Orange ..

I think two days should be good cure time ..

Rick

Thanks you all

This weekend I worked here and there on taping this bird up ..

Yesterday I sprayed the USCG Orange . Today I unmasked . I have little over spray . I'm very happy so far ..

I will let this set for few days to cure out the orange color , then I will apply the black ..

Enjoy

Rick

001.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

• Like 3

Now that the Orange has cured . I re-taped for colors black , blue strip and rear yellow strip on tail end ..This took me two days off and on tape job ..

There is some touch up and brush paint work tomorrow , Thats ok . Looks very good to me ..

Enjoy

Rick

My tape up job .

001_1.jpg

My Reference photo .I'm only post two .I used several photos ..

uscg-1.jpg

002_1.jpg

003_1.jpg

004_1.jpg

005_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice Rick and well done with the masking. :thumbsup2:

However, maybe a suggestion if you plan to do something similar in the future... one of my WIP's is a Bristows AB204 and will require a very thin blue line. I had bought some very thin masking tape for this but after a few searches online I found these http://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/_A6AIN.aspx?nh=55219

You are of course limited on the colours and don't think that bright blue you have used would be available but still maybe worth having in your spares box? I've not used them on my build yet so it might go horribly wrong and I may end up having to mask instead.

Anyway, keep up the good work

cheers

Aaron

• Like 1

Very nice Rick and well done with the masking. :thumbsup2:

However, maybe a suggestion if you plan to do something similar in the future... one of my WIP's is a Bristows AB204 and will require a very thin blue line. I had bought some very thin masking tape for this but after a few searches online I found these http://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/_A6AIN.aspx?nh=55219

You are of course limited on the colours and don't think that bright blue you have used would be available but still maybe worth having in your spares box? I've not used them on my build yet so it might go horribly wrong and I may end up having to mask instead.

Anyway, keep up the good work

cheers

Aaron

thank all

Yes those would been nice to have .. I did not know they were out there .

Thank you

Rick

• Like 1

Thank you Rick

The Orange .

model master international orange

model%20master%20organe_1.jpg

Hi Rick

Thanks for the feedback. I have been told by some buddies that it was quite difficult to spray with the airbrush. What kind of thinner did you use?

Cheers

Nicolas

• Like 1

My main paints are Tamiya .. This bird , the better color match was from Model Masters i found out ..

The thinner is from Hobby lobby . Testors brand I'm not a home brewer on thinners.Model Master website says there Acrylic don't need thinned .I put couple drops into airbrush. I also put one drop of flow improver into main color bottle . That seems to help all paints flow better .. Thats why I like tamiya for airbrush , They are bullet proof . They spray great , they just don't brush good ..

Also when I sprayed the base white . That was model master gloss white . I had clogged tip. .Like I said earlier, The best color match was Model Master . I will stay with Tamiya paints .

Enjoy

Rick

557207_1.jpg