Dornier Do 24T Ejecito de l'Aire Italeri 1/72

Stuck

Hi there,

Here is my latest offering, now before any of you boffs notice, i will hold my hands in the air and admit that i have made a massive boo boo :shutup: which i did not notice until i had finished the paint job :weep: , but best not to mention it and leave it for you to find, perhaps i might just get away with it :banghead:

It was my first attempt at an Alclad finish,on any scale,I may have learnt from my mistake that maybe I was spraying at a too high pressure. Anyway barring the mistakes i do hope you like it. thanks for looking.1_zps4d26983f.jpg2_zps595be379.jpg4_zps6881d983.jpg5_zpscee5b94a.jpg7_zps9493bb49.jpg

• Like 17

This is beautifully done. If there are any mistake, they cannot be that bad (the landing light looks a bit "white", but that's all I can notice.). Just forget about them, as it is likely nobody will notice!

Great job.

JR

Edited by jean

Maybe it's time to have my eyesight tested...

I'm so sorry, but your Dornier looks pretty much like a Spanish Do 24T-3 in its corrosion-protective semi-matte alu coating. At least from my point of view you did her justice. The entire ensemble looks spot-on to me.

Just in case I may be able to subsequently track down any major flaws: my lips are sealed!

I really like your Dornier "as is".

Cheers,

Erik

Edited by Airfixer

Well thankyou for your kind remarks, but i thought the error would have been spotted strait away, so i better come clean,

The exhausts are on the wrong way round :oops:

Must have had one too many when i did that step. :drink:

I have just been following a thread on chat about the quality of Italieri kits, well any of you who are interested in making this model, i can assure you that the fit of the parts is as good as anything else i have made. i did have a bit of a headache about how to go about fitting the wings, in the end I decided to glue the outer struts to the fuselage and the central to the wings lightly spot gluing the other ends to line it all up, then taking the 2 components apart to do the painting and finishing. Because you cannot realy touch up Alclad with a brush I put on all the sticky out bits on before painting,so the hardest part of the construction was just handling everything very carefully. Miraculously apart from 2 antennas i seemed to get away with it.

Well done to Italieri for not just reboxing old kits but actually remoulding them.

The exhausts are the wrong way around???

Never saw that!

I too thought the landing light was maybe the clue being a bit white.

For that my tip is use PVA glue (basic woodworking or kids craft glue)

Dries clear , wipes up with a cotton bud and a bit of spit and you can apply a drizzle with the tip of a toothpick.

Exhausts!!!???? Man ....didn't even see them they were painted so nicely!

Top job.

Cheers

PS I'm desperate to try that Aclad Alclad whateverclad stuff (I never get the name right) ....it looks AMAZING!

• 1 month later...