1/48 - Republic RF-84F Thunderflash by Tanmodel - released - CMK sets

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

strange presentation, white parts on white paper towel on white board, balanced on a chair?

surely the parts on a nice solid grey / black or other deep colour would have made a better impact, sure looks promising.....

• Like 4

strange presentation, white parts on white paper towel on white board, balanced on a chair?

surely the parts on a nice solid grey / black or other deep colour would have made a better impact, sure looks promising.....

There are parts on that paper towel? :lol:

• Like 1

A test build on the guys kitchen table I think. Willing t cut him some slack if this turns out well :)
  • Like 1

OK This is a must have. Cant be any worse than the other kits from China...

Now USAF markings are in good order since it was originally OUR aircraft we loaned it to you Euro types LOL.

Seriously this will be nice in the collection of USAF Recce birds. Who carries this line?? Hannants? i wonder if Spruebrothers will pick it up?

Steve

OK This is a must have. Cant be any worse than the other kits from China...

This is not from China, its from Turkey.

Not there is anything wrong with kits from China, I have quite a few.

Julien

Probably he washed the 3D model to get rid of release agent and while drying on paper towel he took the picture. I can understand the enthusiasm of the guy to rush taking the picture

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

OK I know it is from Turkey BUT I wonder where the IM production molds will be cut?? Since this is in the prototype stages? Could be China? The molds coming out of China are a wide range of quality and some are still improving.

I feel the best quality moldings still come out of Japan & Korea. This is across the boards since the current Bandai Sci-fi stuff are simply amazing moldings! ..and we all know about Tamiya?!?! But China is gaing ground fast!

I hope this hits the shelves soon love to build one for the collection...or a possible article

Steve,

I feel the best quality moldings still come out of Japan & Korea. This is across the boards since the current Bandai Sci-fi stuff are simply amazing moldings! ..and we all know about Tamiya?!?! But China is gaing ground fast!

Look at the Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29... I'd say China is already there. However one of the matters for a company is can it afford an very high quality tooling.

• 2 months later...

Look at the Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29... I'd say China is already there. However one of the matters for a company is can it afford an very high quality tooling.

Yes……Let's look at the GWH 1:48 MiG-29 !………Looks superb in the box but it's no Tamiya kit when it comes to overall fit and you go to build it. Granted the fit of one or two things is superb (the air inlet grilles on the upper fuselage and the jet nozzles for example) but I have also used a lot of plasticard shims to bridge the gaps, particularly with the separate flying control surfaces and the air intake ramps…..If you stick to the sequence in the kit instructions, you can also run into serious problems with the build of the whole intake trunking too. Yes, it looks superb when its finished but it certainly does not fall together quite like a Tamiya kit….then again, that's all part of the fun……gaining satisfaction from a challenging kit build and sitting back to admire the finished article with an even greater sense of achievement.

Yes……Let's look at the GWH 1:48 MiG-29 !………Looks superb in the box but it's no Tamiya kit when it comes to overall fit and you go to build it. Granted the fit of one or two things is superb (the air inlet grilles on the upper fuselage and the jet nozzles for example) but I have also used a lot of plasticard shims to bridge the gaps, particularly with the separate flying control surfaces and the air intake ramps…..If you stick to the sequence in the kit instructions, you can also run into serious problems with the build of the whole intake trunking too. Yes, it looks superb when its finished but it certainly does not fall together quite like a Tamiya kit….then again, that's all part of the fun……gaining satisfaction from a challenging kit build and sitting back to admire the finished article with an even greater sense of achievement.

Sure but Tamiya has been around for 69 years which isn't the case for GWH. They have made the errors already and they have enough products in their catalog to afford taking their time tuning the molds. It isn't the case for new manufacturers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks great, so I guess it's the traditional question, where can they be gotten (if you are UK based) and any ideas what they'll retail at?

looks great, so I guess it's the traditional question, where can they be gotten (if you are UK based) and any ideas what they'll retail at?

This is the question that they don't seem to be able to answer. I asked many times about their new 1.72 kit but never got an answer as to where I could actually buy it from. If they don't make it available to buy then I give up.