1/48 - Republic RF-84F Thunderflash by Tanmodel - released - CMK sets

Homebee

Hi guys

I see quite a few have seen my mini review, so to keep it a fair review, on closer inspection last night I saw that the decals are maybe a little deficient, what I mean is there are some that are not perfect in register, and I am not fully convinced about the clarity and depth of colour on some.

Now they may work out ok once applied, and I am sure for many modellers they will be just fine, but some of us may choose to use some aftermarket decals.

Still cannot wait to get this on my modelling table, but that will not be for a few weeks at the moment.

Ali

• Like 1

I would like some Belgian decals for this kit, or Danish.

Julien

http://www.dacoproducts.com/do a set for belgian thunderflash's, but given the wide choises on the original decal sheet it's unfortunate those nations are excluded from the kit sheet, than again, they have to draw the line somewhere.

... and I think there was another (Vingtor?) as well.

Yes, we have a set for Norwegian Air Force Thunderflashes. Both bare metal and camouflaged.

Nils

• Like 2

Well all I can say is that looks like a great model and it would look as if there is another serious contender on the model market.

Thanks for the review. Bought this as a present for someone's birthday as I don't build in 48th - but it does look good in those pics, I'll be hoping for a big smile on the recipient!

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

I would like some Belgian decals for this kit, or Danish.

Julien

Daco has already been mentioned but here are some Danish options Julien:

http://www.stoppel.dk/shop/rdaf-rf-84f-thunderflash-7052p.html

http://www.stoppel.dk/shop/rdaf-rf-84f-thunderflash-7053p.html

http://www.stoppel.dk/shop/rdaf-rf-84f-thunderflash-7054p.html

• Like 1

I've got some decals for French schemes but I really want to do a DG/DSG/PRU Blue aircraft, like Julian, a Belgian one for me.

I have a set of DACO decals for Belgian aircraft but its just the stencils and squadron badges, there are separate sheets for the serials, codes and other squadron markings, whilst I understand Danny's desire to give the most comprehensive markings its more than I need.

Hi Chris

This should be available on www.umpretail.com and many other online and physical models shops over the coming 10 days. RRP on this kit is £39.99, but it will be up to the individual vendors to set their own prices.

We will post here once the stock has arrived in the UK.

Cheers

UMP :)

Anyone know if/when this will be available in the UK and the price please?
Not mentioned on the big H or UMP site.
Thanks
Chris

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the first consignment of the Thunderflash will arrive in the UK this Friday 22nd January.

We have them up for sale now on our website for purchase and they will be sent to you the moment they are unpacked. They are moving fast due to trade orders, but we are holding a few back for individual purchasers so, get in quick before they're all gone.

Get yours here..... TanModel 1/48 RF-84F Thunderflash

:)

Just to let everyone know, we are taking pre-orders now for the Thunderflash at UMP. If you would like to pre-order then please contact me via PM on here or mail us on [email protected] and we will add you to the list. We expect another shipment in the next few days, which is very nearly sold out, with another larger one to follow 8 or so days after.

There's a video review of the kit up on on our website so, you can have a look at what's in the box... Click Me

UMP :)

• 3 weeks later...