1/48 - Republic RF-84F Thunderflash by Tanmodel - released - CMK sets

Homebee

As far as rivets go, the real thing does have a lot of them, although most only can be seen from a close distance...i've recently taken a few pictures of an F84F at the brussels army museum in Belgium, it's in the "vietnam era" 3 tone cammo, and while the rivets on the top surface arn't all that apparent those on the light bottom surface do stand out quite a bit. washes are very fashionable lately, but i suppose if ommitted on the ammo surfaces, but applied to the bottom a very realistic representation can be made where rivets can only be seen on the top from close distance as on the real thing, where the ones on the bottom can be given a fairly heavy wash...

DSC02763.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02582.jpg

Note a lot of what shows up the most are screws and dzus fasterners, but there's a fair few rivets to add if you are going down that route.

rf-84f_fr-28_23_of_50.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

it's all gone very quiet on this front? Any news on when this will be available? I did leave my details at the Blackbird Models stall at Telford but heard nothing since, so not sure if there's a delay to this being delivered?

it's all gone very quiet on this front? Any news on when this will be available? I did leave my details at the Blackbird Models stall at Telford but heard nothing since, so not sure if there's a delay to this being delivered?

Well they posted something on their Facebook page a few days ago, but I can't read Turkiskh and the translation is so literal I can't understand it, but haven't noticed anything that looks like a release date yet.

Well they posted something on their Facebook page a few days ago, but I can't read Turkiskh and the translation is so literal I can't understand it, but haven't noticed anything that looks like a release date yet.

Yes this is not a release date statement. It is solely for local modelers who preordered the kit telling that they'd receive a numbered, personally named and wet inked certificate.

As this a/c is not my cup of tea, I haven't preordered so I won't be getting any.

• Like 1

Dear forum members;

Our RF-84F kit with 2201 product code will be released approximately 10 days later. We will start abroad deliveries once the kits are released.

TANMODEL%20Box-Art_1.jpg

We paid great amount of attention to issues such as scale-shape, detail level, practicability, content of decal set as this kit will fill an important gap for collector. Additionally, I must point exultingly, that there will be 2 different gifts inside the box. One of them is the profile poster printed on high quality glossy paper with 34x22 cm dimensions and you can see it below :

TANMODEL%20POSTER%2034x22.jpg

Other gift of ours is a special one that has never been given by any other brand. For now, only few modeler friends, which we received their opinions, know about this gift. We will share all details of our kit on our official web site and Facebook page soon. Our second gift remains a secret for now. However, we believe you will find it useful and nice. This gift has been on our agenda for a long time.

We are trying hard to keep the same kit price worldwide. Our aim is to provide support for local hobby shops and allow you to access our kits easily.

Inst.%20Sheet%20Sample%2002.jpg

If you like some details of the box content, we would like to make them a TANMODEL standard. For example on top of each page in the instruction sheet, we provided recommended F.S. color codes and references according to some brands for the corresponding page. There will be a transparent drawing on the rear cover of the box showing the interior details of 3D assembly file of the kit. Thus, modelers who would like to purchase our kit will able to decide by checking out these details.

TANMODEL%20-%20Back%20Box-Art.jpg

We have 2 new projects that we work on. As you know, we used 3D scanning technology for these. First one is 1/32 F-5A and the second one is 1/32 F-4E kits.

Kit Number : 3301 - 1/32 F-5A, CF-5A (or CF-116), NF-5A, F-5A© Skoshi Tiger, F-5A 2000 ( Turkish Upgrade Program ), NF-5A 2000, RF-5A

Kit Number : 3302 - 1/32 F-5B, CF-5B (or CF-116D), NF-5B, F-5B 2000, NF-5B 2000

Kit Number : 3303 - 1/32 T-38A TALON, T-38M ARI ( Turkish Upgrade Program )

Versions of these kits will be in the same box. You will only have to choose the version that you would like to build. Additionally, our 1/32 Turkish Stars kit – that we acquired the license from Turkish Air Force – will also be released. We are planning to provide paint mask with this kit.

For our 1/32 scale F-111 project, we are receiving assistance from experts that are highly knowledgeable in terms of technical properties of the aircraft and we commenced some discussions. We began to collect necessary information prior to design and we will start our F-111 project when the time comes. They advised us to make A and E versions for the first box.

TANMODEL is a brand that loves surprises. We have a 1/32 scale Russian aircraft in our agenda. We applied to the manufacturing company about this. However they may reject our application for obvious reasons you all know. So we are collecting information from different resources and we continue our research.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We don’t write many messages except for important announcements (especially in forums) in order not to keep you busy. If you’d like to provide information-document-picture support for our projects, we would be glad. We read all your e-mails and try to reply as much as we can.

Regards,

TANMODEL

http://www.tanmodel.com/index_en.html

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The bad news however is that it sounds like the 1/72nd Blackburn Buccaneer is now on the back burner, with focus now on the F-5, the Phantom and the F-111 all in 1/32nd. I can't blame them as they are a Turkish company and those kits will probably have a much greater appeal to a wider audience at home and abroad, but it means we'll have to wait for a decent Buccaneer to appear.

You cant really blame them for concentrating on Domestic project first. It looks line they LIDAR scanned the contents of the Turkish AF museum. I for one cant wait for a Turkish Stars F-5 in 1.32

• Like 1

The lastest from Tan Model.

Dear TANMODEL followers, our modeler friends;

Our 1/48 scale RF-84F kit has been released in Turkish market as of 29 December 2015 and will be distributed to all our distributor and wholesalers after New Year’s Day. You can purchase them from your local hobby shops within a few weeks. We would like to thank all of our modeler friends who pre-ordered and waited for us patiently.

Our RF-84F is presented to you by TANMODEL in a long awaited quality with special part breakdowns, modeler-friendly solutions and other details representing the importance we put on modelers – all designed by Tanmodel’s design team.

Our kit, prepared using new generation mould manufacturing methods, has panel lines and rivet details in different sizes. We processed these details onto mould using Dmg Mori Lasertec 65 milling center. For milling precision (especially for fuselage and wings) we utilized equipment of System3R Company. We would like to thank to engineers at the company headquarters in Switzerland for their attention and providing equipment of a special technology which they are preparing to release.

Not just mould production; we also used our international relations during 3D design in an effort to present you the best. Our modelers friends, their names our below, supported us with information-document-pictures. We thank them before you :

3D design advisor Mr. Cumali AYGUN (Turkey), who provided us opinions and suggestions and Mr. Bob VERHEGGHEN (Belgium), Mr. Marco Alberto REBOSIO (Italy), Mr. Rick ELLIS (U.S.A.), Mr. Hans-Peter STARK (Germany), Mr. Ahmet Cagri ACIKGOZ (Turkey), Mr. Turhan GUNGOR (Turkey), who assisted us for photographs and documentation. Mr. Martin WILSON for English proof reading (U.K.). Box-art drawing by Mr. Huseyin BALTA (Turkey)

We also would like to thank Dutch Decal Company and its owner Mr. Luuk BOERMAN for preparing our decal set. He prepared a great decal placement guide for you. We believe you will add this guide that we prepared as a booklet into your archive for reference.

Our objectives as we prepared this kit:

- To make it entertaining for everybody. Whether be a young or a experienced modeler. A model that is easy to build with comprehensible and detailed instruction sheet

- Multi optional decal set

- Option to build standard or detailed model

- Of course; accurate scale and shape

- Precise details

- Perfectly studied part breakdowns

- To be sold with very similar price labels worldwide (for you to not wait cargo from different countries)

Our objectives for our future projects:

- Strive to present a better Project, take your messages into consideration.

A perfect kit with a box content we believe that you will like – Special gifts:

Tanmodel has a team consisted of modelers. Thus, we think like you. We also make models and share them with our family and friends. We have beautiful pictures and posters on our walls both at home and office. So we figured that you would like posters as we do and we prepared a 34 x 22 cm poster printed on a special paper from profiles within our decal set.

We spend lots of time to make model bases for models at exhibitions and competitions. Hence, we wanted to give another gift which has never been given by another company before. A 34 x 22 cm model base and/or mouse pad with taxiway image. If you like our gifts, we are planning to include them in our other kits. We would be more than happy if you could send you feedback about this.

Now it’s RF-84F’s turn. Thank you for your attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us about anything.

Best regards,

Mr. Baris TANSOY

TANMODEL Plastic Model Kits

• Like 3

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20001%20-%20Main%20Tit

Dear forum members, our modeler friends;

Our 1/48 scale RF-84F kit has been released in Turkish market as of 29 December 2015 and will be distributed to all our distributor and wholesalers after New Year’s Day. You can purchase them from your local hobby shops within a few weeks. We would like to thank all of our modeler friends who pre-ordered and waited for us patiently.

Our RF-84F is presented to you by TANMODEL in a long awaited quality with special part breakdowns, modeler-friendly solutions and other details representing the importance we put on modelers – all designed by Tanmodel’s design team.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20002.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20003.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20004.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20005.jpg

Our kit, prepared using new generation mould manufacturing methods, has panel lines and rivet details in different sizes. We processed these details onto mould using Dmg Mori Lasertec 65 milling center. For milling precision (especially for fuselage and wings) we utilized equipment of System3R Company. We would like to thank to engineers at the company headquarters in Switzerland for their attention and providing equipment of a special technology which they are preparing to release.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20006.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20007.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20008.jpg

Not just mould production; we also used our international relations during 3D design in an effort to present you the best. Our modelers friends, their names our below, supported us with information-document-pictures. We thank them before you :

3D design advisor Mr. Cumali AYGUN (Turkey), who provided us opinions and suggestions and Mr. Bob VERHEGGHEN (Belgium), Mr. Marco Alberto REBOSIO (Italy), Mr. Rick ELLIS (U.S.A.), Mr. Hans-Peter STARK (Germany), Mr. Ahmet Cagri ACIKGOZ (Turkey), Mr. Turhan GUNGOR (Turkey), who assisted us for photographs and documentation. Mr. Martin WILSON for English proof reading (U.K.). Box-art drawing by Mr. Huseyin BALTA (Turkey)

We also would like to thank Dutch Decal Company and its owner Mr. Luuk BOERMAN for preparing our decal set. He prepared a great decal placement guide for you. We believe you will add this guide that we prepared as a booklet into your archive for reference.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20010.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20012.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20013.jpg

Our objectives as we prepared this kit:
- To make it entertaining for everybody. Whether be a young or a experienced modeler. A model that is easy to build with comprehensible and detailed instruction sheet
- Multi optional decal set
- Option to build standard or detailed model
- Of course; accurate scale and shape
- Precise details
- Perfectly studied part breakdowns
- To be sold with very similar price labels worldwide (for you to not wait cargo from different countries)

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20009.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20011.jpg

Our objectives for our future projects:
- Strive to present a better Project, take your messages into consideration.

A perfect kit with a box content we believe that you will like – Special gifts:

Tanmodel has a team consisted of modelers. Thus, we think like you. We also make models and share them with our family and friends. We have beautiful pictures and posters on our walls both at home and office. So we figured that you would like posters as we do and we prepared a 34 x 22 cm poster printed on a special paper from profiles within our decal set.

TANMODEL%20POSTER%2034x22.jpg

We spend lots of time to make model bases for models at exhibitions and competitions. Hence, we wanted to give another gift which has never been given by another company before. A 34 x 22 cm model base and/or mouse pad with taxiway image. If you like our gifts, we are planning to include them in our other kits. We would be more than happy if you could send you feedback about this.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20014.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20015.jpg

Now it’s RF-84F’s turn. Thank you for your attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us about anything.

Best regards,
TANMODEL Plastic Model Kits

• Like 12

Having just been informed that Tanmodel have now set up a distributor in UMP I am stating that we will not be stocking the kit, or any others.

I apologise to people who had pre-ordered the kit from me but. To be told I should now pass on all pre-orders to UMP, they can go and do one.

I'll be looking at other ranges to import.

I don't like being shafted like this

Glenn

Though I am not interested in the RF-84F I must say this is really nice looking kit. With some of your announced projects in mind I am really happy how your F-84 turned out. I also like the idea with the base though I would prefer printed cardboard and no mousepad.

Good sales and keep up the nice work.

That's not good at all, must be a kick in the teeth for you Glenn.

can't get over the cheek of it. Been led to understand I'd be the UK outlet, for a few months now and put the effort into informing people about the kit, and getting a good number of pre orders in, only to be informed this morning they'd done a deal with UMP last night. And I should pass on all the pre-order details to UMP. Sorry but those people came to me and I'm not simply passing on phone numbers and e-mail details to some company I don't know.

And why the hell should I?

I won't deal with tanmodel again and will go look at a few other companies where I'd rather spend my money. Also where the money and effort are worthwhile. Why should I put the effort in to have to pay a higher rate for stock?

They can go shove it

• Like 8