LRDG, SAS and PPA question

IainA

A long shot I know but, does anyone know of or can point me in the direction of records for combined ops PPA + SAS, PPA + LRDG or PPA + SAS/LRDG. Just to answer a niggle. My father in law, ex-PPA, never mentioned either other than the "borrowing :pirate: " of some of their kit in N Africa.........

Thanks in advance for any help.

Iain

I read the book about the PPA a long time ago but don't remember much about there being a great deal of crossover between Popski and the other groups; wasn't the PPA used more for local contact with tribesmen, and road-watching, than for more offensive purposes?

Graeme, thanks for chipping in, much as I understood it "from the horses mouth" as it were. I have someone telling me elsewhere that there was but he hasn't come up with any evidence to back it up to date. I just need to be absolutely sure as my pa in law wasn't with them from day 1 as it were. As for PPA themselves, they were tasked with demolitions, mostly fuel dumps and general disruption of Axis supplies when in N Africa, although there is no doubt that Popski's prior time in NA served him well in gathering intel from locals and they did spend a lot of time "watching".......