Valom Vickers Wellesley

atvd1020

Thanks all for your comments and kind words!

This will unfortunately be the last update for this group build :( as I leave for Christmas holidays tomorrow and will only be back in Janaury after the 4th. There was a lot of cleaning-up of the wings and quite a bit rescribing on the underside and the rebuilt nose:

Wellesey6-2_zps47cbc0d1.jpg

I painted the seams and rescribed lines with the shiniest metal enamel I had (Xtracolor High Speed Silver) and it doesn't look too bad, though the wings needed retouching. The geodesic framework shows up OK through a thin coat of the enamel too. The scribing on the underside is worse, as I overshot the lines to scribe quite a few times and had to fill these in with putty. Hence, no photos. Here is a better shot of the plane as it is with the empennage complete:

Wellesley6-3_zps2aaa458e.jpg

The enamel did not want to stick and I might try and strip it off when I actually start the painting. I've also finished the engine, propeller and bomb paniers:

Wellesley6-1_zpscd5d94f3.jpg

The paniers needed rescribing. They are painted in the same enamel as above and the black paint is Citadel Abaddon Black(sic). It's taking its time to cure, I must say. The photoetch for the engine was a mixed bag-only the pushrods went on without problems. I also lost some of the engine detail by too many coats of superglue while trying to get the photoetch on, and these don't come out again when painted.