1/72 - Lavoshkin La-5 by Kovozávody Prostejov (KP) - La-5FN/UTI & CS-95 released

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've just got the La-5FN Aces boxing, I've compared it briefly to the MBI plans and it matches well. I'm not an expert on the type but I like what I see.

Just need to get some time to make it - probably around Christmas :weep:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very welcome release indeed!

However it does not match the standards Kovozavody Prostejov set with their recent Mustang III.

They're more like your average short-run-kit with no locating aids and some flesh present (at least in my boxings).

Heavy sprue gates extend well onto the pieces.

The "open canopy" version is two parts of the canopy moulded together in one piece (instead of a seperate sliding hood that goes over the back part).

There's an option to open an inspection hatch on the fuselage - which is a good idea, but the plastic part is oversized in thickness.

Aftermarket industry may jump in and give us some correction/refinement sets?

Currently working on it and hope to present it soon in the 'Ready For Inspection' section.

Edited by Roman Schilhart

• 4 months later...

Very nice! Perhaps my favourite version of the La-5 - the early high-back or 'razorback' version. Even though I've already built two of the Cooperitiva kits (one was under the Eastern Express label), I'm sure I'll get this kit also.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

If I remember correctly, Jan Polc said that AZ/KP would release the La-5 in the second quarter of this year, the La-5F in Q3, and the La-7 in Q4 (as he put it, Christmas all year long!), so it seems that they're managing to keep to that schedule.

John

That would be great - I look forward to seeing them all, especially the La-7. Right now I'm building the La-5FN for an article in 'Scale Aviation Modeller International'. I'm doing mine as a post-war Czech version (I've already built an old KP La-5FN as a Soviet GPW version).

Regards,

Jason

• 1 month later...

New molds/tool  La-5FN in 2020 ?

Sources: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=3515368

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=3517367

Just for your info - we retooled existing FN version, so it wil be also the new kit, followed by "razorback" and La-5F. We want to have all Lavochkins at the end

Hi gentlemen,

John Thompson - La-5FN is completely new, from the new molds. We expect easier building, also some details were changed.

(...)

Over, have a nice end of week, f*cking short as usually.... 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

It's great to see a new-tool razorback La-5! That's probably my favourite version of the La-5. I'll buy at least one, to go with the two I already have built up. It's also nice to see the La-5F - now about the La-7...

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see a some varied schemes on the La-5 unlike the Clear Prop kits which appears to have five schemes pretty much all the same. Will be interesting to a comparison of the plastic though.

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Nice to see a some varied schemes on the La-5 unlike the Clear Prop kits which appears to have five schemes pretty much all the same. Will be interesting to a comparison of the plastic though.

Don't forget that the Clear Prop kit (so far - who knows what the future holds) is the early La-5 with the curved windscreen as used on LaGG-3's prior to series 66, so that may create a limitation on the schemes presented. It appears from the KP profiles that all their options are later La-5's with the flat windscreen, although I haven't tried to research any of them to see if their choices are correct in that regard.

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Don't forget that the Clear Prop kit (so far - who knows what the future holds) is the early La-5 with the curved windscreen as used on LaGG-3's prior to series 66, so that may create a limitation on the schemes presented. It appears from the KP profiles that all their options are later La-5's with the flat windscreen, although I haven't tried to research any of them to see if their choices are correct in that regard.

John

Maybe it was a bad assumption, after seeing Lagg-3's and later La-5's in various colours I thought this version would of had some differences in colour but maybe not. Maybe there were so few produced and that they all looked pretty much the same.

Soon

0001331_2.jpg

- ref. KPM0172 - Lavochkin La-5 “Valerij Čkalov”

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/la-5-valerij-ckalov/

KPM0172-box.jpg

KPM0172-jkamo.jpg

- ref. KPM0173 - Lavochkin La-5 “VVS

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/la-5-vvs/

KPM0173-box.jpg

KPM0173-kamo.jpg

- ref. KPM0174 - Lavochkin La-5F “Early”

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/la-5f-early/

KPM0174-box.jpg

KPM0174-kamo.jpg

- ref. KPM0175 - Lavochkin La-5F “Aces”

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/la-5f-aces/

KPM0175-box.jpg

KPM0175-kamo.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

On 3/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, John Thompson said:

John

John hi, all our La-5 are so called late production with the flat windscreen. We refused early variant with LaGG-3 windscreen because there is no potential in colour schemes

and it rquires not only windscreen but also another horizontal tail surfaces.

• Like 3