Westland Apache - what do I need?

HansReggelsen

I've gotten hold of the 1/48 Hasegawa AH-64D Longbow.

I bought it after studying the sprulayout and found it to be identical with Hasegawa's WAH-64D kit.

I have the Aviation Worshop decals where there are decals for the british WAH-64D.

What more do I need - surely it can't be this easy, can it? :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Hi David - yes it does come with the larger sponsons - I checked it once, I checked it twice... :winkgrin:

Hi Stephen - thanks for the link! :thumbsup: However I also found a set from Isracast which also have all the stenciling as well as the resin parts, so I think I'll go with that.

Hans J

The Heritage kit is all you need for the older fit Apache AH. Mk1, with the 4-point HIDAS fit. There are still a few cabs flying around with this fit, instead of the newer 5-Point fit. Just do a bit of research to get your tail codes right.

As far as I am aware, all AH.1's have been upgraded with the M-TADS housing, so if you wanted to do up-to-date you'd either need the IsraCast set, or better still, the extra sprue from theJapaneseversion of the Hase AH-64D. Only problem with the IsraCast set is that it doesn't include the 3rd MPD to replace the ORT in the CPG's pit.

Thanks to Daryl and Shaun.

I plan on doing ZJ232 a WAH-64D Apache AH.1 of 664 Sqn from Afghanistan in 2007 as depicted in the Aviation Workshop/Model Alliance decalsset 'Airwars Afghanistan 2003-2007 - part 1'.

Do you think that I'm clear to go? I must admit - and you've problaby allready guessed - that british Apache's are a pretty new subject to me! :winkgrin:

Hans J