F-16F Desert Falcon, UAE Air Force 1/32 - A Pair of Block 60 Beauties!

This is a twofer - a double helping of the Academy 1/32 Sufa converted to a UAE Desert Falcon with the IsraCast conversion and judicious scratch building. The second includes the Aires cockpit and wheel bay sets as well. 

These were built about three years apart - I made the intake corrections from scratch and used the Aires GE jet pipe/nozzle. Wheels corrected from the Wheelliant set for the Sufa. Scratch built Northrop-Grumman AN/AAQ-32 targeting pod and mid-part of the spine. Otherwise it's a pretty easy conversion using the Sufa kit, as a lot of the Block 50/60 parts are included.  The Academy Sufa is like hen's teeth these days, and unless IsraCast re-release the conversion set, these will be rare birds indeed!

Paints were Xtracrylix, Vallejo and Tamiya. Decals were included with the IsraCast set. Ladies and gents, I give you , the world's most advanced F-16 in man scale!

First aircraft  - pictures by Chris Bradley.

DSCF5582.JPG

DSCF5584.JPG

DSCF5585.JPG

DSCF5586.JPG

DSCF5587.JPG

DSCF5588.JPG

DSCF5589.JPG

:)

The second example as photographed by me in my back garden! The pylons contain magnets to enable swapping out of various bits of ordnance.

This was a commission build for a fan of the first one! The canopy is propped open to show off the cockpit for photography, it usually sits at a better angle for display.

tn_IMAG1085 tn_IMAG1088 tn_IMAG1091 tn_IMAG1092 tn_IMAG1095 tn_IMAG1098 tn_IMAG1094

Thanks for looking,

Alan

• Like 41

fantastic conversion and very nice model!

hope you don't mind one question though: why did you use live missiles (yellow and brown bands) but (blue) training GPS guided bombs?

great nonetheless, and of course non of my business!

regards

• Like 1

Really nice work!

Whenever I see an F-16 like this I can't help but think of boy racers with their bolt on body kits, it's as if the F-16 design team are trying to bolt on as much kit as they possibly can

• Like 3

Thank you all, glad you like it :)

hope you don't mind one question though: why did you use live missiles (yellow and brown bands) but (blue) training GPS guided bombs?

great nonetheless, and of course non of my business!

regards

i meant to say that in the description - it's rigged for a gps bomb training mission, but unlike some air forces, the UAE is never not on air-air alert due to its volatile neighbours. Edited by Brokenedge
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...