Lovely finish (has anyone else said that?). Now I'm torn between hanging on for a decent 1/72 Victor and downscaling to 1/144 for all three, which is a more manageable scale for such large aircraft especially as I've now got to find space for That Typhoon.

What's next?

John

• Like 1

Very nice, lovely looking build..!

Many Thanks Marty ;)

Very nice Rob, very nice indeed....

Cheer Bill many thanks and glad you like her ;)

This is a gorgeous example of the great Vulcan bomber in the wrap-around scheme, Rob ! Beautifully done and a crisp, clean build of the Avro delta.

Mike

Many thanks Mike for the kind words and Love your Victors by the way :)

Lovely finish (has anyone else said that?). Now I'm torn between hanging on for a decent 1/72 Victor and downscaling to 1/144 for all three, which is a more manageable scale for such large aircraft especially as I've now got to find space for That Typhoon.

What's next?

John

Thanks John :) , Why not do both, You can't go wrong with the 1/144th and your in for an easier build they are about the size of a 1/48th Spitfire MkVb. However 1/72 are fun but a bit of a challenge. Well worth it though, My suggestion is pick up a kit and build it while you think about building the others ;)

As the weather was cooler and the light dimmer today I took some more photos of her and XH535 to show you she is not as pale as in the initial sunny pics.

xl444b_zps1216d6c0.jpg

xl444aa_zpsac354079.jpg

xl444a_zpsa6a9fac1.jpg

xh535xl444_zps5f7a3843.jpg

Many thanks and Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

Great Vulcan Rob, another impressive paint job, must be all that practise you're getting, eh?

Look forward to seeing the other V's when they're done. Off tomorrow to see the Vulcan in Portrush.

Sean

By the way, good luck with the gig.

• Like 1

Lovely build Rob, these are a nice scale to do several lined up without needing an extension to the house!

Cheers woody. Yes they are a good size ideal for dios etc, 1/144TH modelling sure is a hell of a lot more appealing these days the quality of the new kits are fantastic. Nice seeing them all together too and getting a sense of scale.

With stuff like Airliners being able to put next to them I really want to get a Zyvezda 747-8 to put next to these which would make them look like fighters being about 3 times as long as them.

:)

Lovely job Rob...sorry, only just got round to looking through the RFI section. Another tin triangle under your belt...and I know there are quite a few more to come........(hope you've tuned the JEM up ready for action, not long now !!!)..

Cheers mate Yes your right there are a few more to come there are indeed two more to the left of these two off shot which I will have with me for the next show I hope.

Yep getting lots of much needed practice in on the Jems and Universe. I must send you some music I like that I think you might enjoy. Going through loads of music at the moment and organizing a set list, Some fun tv themes, Some Steve Vai tracks, my own stuff, Some Vince Dicola too and other stuff lots to choose from.

Looking forward to it but no were near ready yet and a little nervous. :shutup: .

Cheers Rob ;)

Great Vulcan Rob, another impressive paint job, must be all that practise you're getting, eh?

Look forward to seeing the other V's when they're done. Off tomorrow to see the Vulcan in Portrush.

Sean

By the way, good luck with the gig.

Cheers for the good wishes on the Gig and Vulcans, Yes I have built plenty and experimented much on all of them. Its a good excuse to build them. Not that I need one..

Cheers Rob ;)

Cheers mate I have to agree the Vulcan is a beautiful beast, it actually looks like a bird or a moth to me, It also seems reminiscent of the ancient bent pyramid in Egypt, glad you like them

I can't wait for the GWH Victor release. Few of those stood with these should look nice :)

Edited by robvulcan

Rob that's great - I have one in the stash but it's in a bit of a queue at the moment. Beautiful work!

Thanks mate I know the qued stash problem but its all fun. Look forward to your build of it. :)

A beautiful model :) love it!

Cheers Val glad you like her

Sorry to you both for the late reply. Cheers Rob :)

• Like 1

Very nice Rob, nailed that a treat.

Cheers Goggsy I am happy with her and now I am looking forward to doing a 70s standard scheme one to stand next to her.

They breed fast round here these Vulcans..

Thanks for the kind words Rob ;)

• Like 1

Nearing completion of my first vulcan, 617 sqd grey/green from modeldecal sheet, I used the frightdog 201 series engines and am very pleased with results. seeing yours Robb inspires me to build another, maybe in Nuclear flash finish to go with my Valient. anyone know of any after market decals for such ?

• Like 1

Nearing completion of my first vulcan, 617 sqd grey/green from modeldecal sheet, I used the frightdog 201 series engines and am very pleased with results. seeing yours Robb inspires me to build another, maybe in Nuclear flash finish to go with my Valient. anyone know of any after market decals for such ?

Thanks , cool they inspired you, if your looking for a pale shade roundel flash white Vulcan try this sheet. its the best quality one out there and has the correct roundel sizes, (54" for the nose some sheets have 48" on which is too small and makes the Vulcan look fat)

However the sheet only gives you White Vulcan B1A decals But you could do a B2 from it without SQN badges a lot were often seen that way anyhow.

If you wanted to do the Earlier Nuclear White B2 with the Full shade roundels. You could Get Fantasy Printshop roundels and Serials (which are excellent BTW) and do XH533 (later B1 tail cone as were some of the others for a short while 535 537 definitly had them), 535, 536. 537, XJ783 again no sqn badges though some had other avro and bristol emelishments.

XH533 had the numbers under wing.

XH537 can be made to be as above with a small tail cone or as the kit provides with the ECM cone but you can also add the skybolts to that one which is cool.

You can do XH558 in either of the flash schemes she definitely wore both, Original B1 scheme no embellishments no numbers under wing just full shade roundels and the number on the tail and no IFR probe, Or later in the flash scheme with the 230 ocu badge and at first no IFR probe then it was soon added.

There is the Air Decal sheet and I think the Model Decal sheet. Both are discontinued as far as I cam aware but if you ask in wanted someone might have some.

Of course you can always do the old kit boxing XL321 in the Dambusters scheme with the lovely lightning bolts.

Love to see your beast when its done. Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice,...Now we all know the Falklands Vulcans carried SHRIKE anti-radar missiles,but what you may not have knows was that they nearly carried Martel AS-37 missiles,but because of something to do with the wiring looms,they were replaced by the SHRIKE.

10350426_10152724898579564_7880452284124

• Like 1