Well I did not think I would get anything in ready for inspection this year, I am not sure but I think this is my first of 2014.

I have been doing plenty modelling off site but had to complete something and was particularly drawn to photos of XL444 in her Wraparound scheme.

The Kit was a Joy to build she is temporarily on Corgi undercarriage which I repainted as these are more accurate in height, stance and shape than the kit parts though a bit simple, Till I have finished my part scratched ones for her.

I decided to tint the windows but have since noticed that its only the front 3 however it seems to add something to it I like.

The paint is Revell Gelboliv (yellowish olive) for the green which was brush painted and the Grey is Hu164 From a spray can.

Decals : Wolfpack for the roundels which are the right size unlike the kit ones. all the stencils are also wolfpack , Fundekals for the circular panels.

So Here are the photos hope you like her.

Cheers Rob :)

XL444ROBHAYESAKAROBVULCAN2014FLYOVER_zps

xl444i_zpscf3a0b25.jpg

xl444ff_zps5584ce27.jpg

xl444ggg_zps3ec5143c.jpg

xl444hh_zps07eafd01.jpg

xl444efJPG_zpsde386c3f.jpg

xl444fg_zps25532651.jpg

xl444ii_zps7c82afd1.jpg

xl444e_zpsc55578ab.jpg

xl444c_zps40697a13.jpg

xl444bcb_zpsa11d0270.jpg

xl444b_zpsc471d6a6.jpg

XL444A_zpsda51d267.jpg

FC94F6CD-3C94-45ED-8EF9-596442C45615-107

Sorry for all the photos I was enjoying my new camera ;)

Comments both good and bad welcome as always. Cheers Rob and thanks for looking :)

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 22

Love it Rob. Following inspiration from your conversion of B2s to B1s I am in the process of converting the GWH Vulcan into 'B1' XA903 with the underslung Olympus 593. Alternating between loving it and swearing at it! Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Another beautiful Vulcan Rob. The brushed green is perfect.

Thanks very much mate. I am pleasantly surprised with the Gelboliv looks so right to my eye for RAF dark green, It was very bright and sunny today Its amazing how light she looks in the light but I am pleased she looks to my eye the right shade in the sun and the gloom.

Cheers Mate ;)

You certainly know how to turn out an impressive Vulcan!

Great work :goodjob:

Thanks very much I just can't get enough of them I worry I annoy folk on here with the amount of them I do but I am hopelessly hooked. ;)

Shes superb Rob :goodjob:

Cheers Gary many thanks mate ;)

Beautiful Rob, absolutely stunning.

This has inspired me to get the airfix boxing on payday. Now I just need to try not to embarass myself with my build.

Matt.

Thanks that's cool Matt and very kind of you, I doubt you will embarrass yourself but I am sure you will have fun, Just make sure you avoid the mid 2000s boxing, Awful, The new ones and the old ones are very good usually, Also the old MPC boxing if you can find it.

Look forward to seeing the WIP

;)

Love it Rob. Following inspiration from your conversion of B2s to B1s I am in the process of converting the GWH Vulcan into 'B1' XA903 with the underslung Olympus 593. Alternating between loving it and swearing at it! Keep up the great work.

That is very cool and also very very interesting indeed. PM sent ;), Making the 593 would be a task in itself !.

Cheers Rob ;)

That's a bit special Rob, my favourite of yours so far!

Nice you think so mate. I think she's become my favourite too, favourite B2 at least.

I will never forget your request for me to post all my builds of vulcans a few years ago.

Would be super crazy to to that now as they have more than doubled since then.

I would love to do a group shot but not sure in could fit them all in.

Would be cool though.

• Like 2

Many thanks Batcode and Longhorn glad you like her.

I forgot to add this earlier but for anyone curious about the build here it is :

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965469-finishedpit-road-gwh-vulcan-b2-corrections-wraparound-scheme-xl444/

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Nice you think so mate. I think she's become my favourite too, favourite B2 at least.

I will never forget your request for me to post all my builds of vulcans a few years ago.

Would be super crazy to to that now as they have more than doubled since then.

I would love to do a group shot but not sure in could fit them all in.

Would be cool though.

Now that's an offer I would like to see !

We all know you're BMs Vulcan guru but a group

shot would be great. Just to confirm how Vulcan

bonkers you really are

• Like 1

Now that's an offer I would like to see !

We all know you're BMs Vulcan guru but a group

shot would be great. Just to confirm how Vulcan

bonkers you really are

Well I would agree I am Bonkers thats true, Obsessed yes. But could never claim to be a Guru nothing so grand. Just a modeller who has a great love of Vulcan's

who chose a rubbish username with not much thought other than "Me names rob and I like vulcans, Ah sod it robvulcan will do"

Back then I did not know what to expect from forums as it was my gf who said I should join here so blame her lol, Wish I had picked a cool name like Darth Vader, General Melchett etc..

I will try and do it but not sure when or how, Perhaps when what I am building is finished and I get to the stage I take a break from Vulcans.

Lovely finish on it Rob, it really looks the biz. Hard to believe it is only 1:144,

Cheers

John

Cheers mate I think Pit Road made a great mold I can't wait for the Victor and must get my Valiant finished but need to dedicate serious time to it and at the moment I am getting ready for my first gig in a few years I only have 3 weeks to get back on top form eeeek

Rob,

As an aside I dont know if you knew but XL444 was the "Dog" of the vulcan fleet, everyone hated it, it was the proverbial Friday afternoon jet / hangar queen.

The reason that it lasted right to the end was that it had the lowest flying hours of the Vulcans, as it spent so much time in bits, I understand many guys from at the Vulcan servicing flight all turned out onto Waddington airfield to watch with great satisfaction as "444" was scrapped!

Selwyn

• Like 1

Great looking Vulcan. Now that all three V-Bombers are available in 144th I might have to make some investments.

Indeed I must crack on with my valiant but have to get my gig out the way first. I can't wait for the 2 victor kits to come out I will be building plenty of them :)

Cheers glad you like her :)

I like that a lot, great finsih. I might have to get one

Thanks very much, Its a great kit go for it they are good fun. ;)

Very nice looking Vulcan, I think you've got it spot on!

Thanks very much I did my best with the few photos I could find

Taa Rob :)

Rob,

As an aside I dont know if you knew but XL444 was the "Dog" of the vulcan fleet, everyone hated it, it was the proverbial Friday afternoon jet / hangar queen.

The reason that it lasted right to the end was that it had the lowest flying hours of the Vulcans, as it spent so much time in bits, I understand many guys from at the Vulcan servicing flight all turned out onto Waddington airfield to watch with great satisfaction as "444" was scrapped!

Selwyn

Hi Selwyn Thanks for that, I did not know till Andy informed me recently he said "Ah your doing Trouble 4 are you", He told me that was its nickname and said it spent more time in the Hangar than the air due to constant oil leaks into the ECM bay and that it was hated by crews and engineers alike.

I love the way she looked though, Shame shes not still around but a funny story that many gathered to watch her go.

I imagine they were looking something like this at the time :

welldone_zps58af4559.gif

Cheers Rob ;)

Your getting rather good at this modelling lark

Cheers Kev I do my best, Its nice to have feedback like that, I can see that my skills have improved since joining BM but they still need to improve.

Its being on here and having help from everyone helping each other that helps so much, I see anything I make as a collective effort of sorts, as so many ideas from others go into our builds. It just makes it more fun that way.

I do my best to help others on here as so many have and still do help me. Best way to be a reckon.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1