1/72 Flying Banana Refuelling Diorama

This weekend I entered my Flying Banana Refueling Diorama in the Dioramas section of the Scottish National Scale Model Show - thinking it had no chance in such a tough category but was very pleased when it achieved a first place:

P1100165_zpsoa862qqf.jpg

That should look nice in the display cabinet. I am sure Duncan B will be overjoyed at the news.

Bye,

Nigel

• Like 11

• 6 months later...

Terrific model making, right down to the bowser and the pump (?) and an interesting and colourful subject. Early helicopters like this and the Belvedere always look great. Love the comment about playing with them. One of my neighbours told me he saw me through the window giving my WIP Javelin T3 a spin the other day. Slightly embarrassing!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Tut, tut, tut!  The JASDF WO engineer would be doing his nut, no chocks, earth leads, fire extinguishers or driver!  Apart from that, it looks bloody marvellous! Deserved win!  (If anyone else has mentioned the above mentioned items I apologise for not reading through the whole post, back to work tonight! 😕)

Lmao, just seen that this was from 2015, still looks blooming good though!

Edited by HomerJ_757
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

When I was much younger, I got to see the USAF H-21 at a local airshow. Your model reminded me of the helicopter and the sight and sound of it flying. Exceptional build. Love the diorama.

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind comments gents. I have not been very active on Britmodeller in recent months due to a fractured spine and the Corvid19 working from home thing but I really would like to add some figures to this diorama at some point as supplied to me by @perdu.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

There you are!

Crikey Nigel, sorry to hear about the back - horrid.

Hopefully you'll be returning to the forum soon - you have been missed! :) 

• Like 2

Argh Nigel, having busted several vertebra myself I feel for you mate.

I hope you are recovering well, we know it isnt a quick nor an easy fix don't we?

Look forwards to seeing you put superb stuff in here again.

• Like 1