1/72 Flying Banana Refuelling Diorama

Thanks Billy, and all the other complimentary modellers who have liked my work. It is very much sincerely appreciated,.

Nigel

Does that include me?

It is quite an eye catcher with all those bright colours on it.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Absolutely lovely stuff Nigel, great work all round & excellent to see it come together so well!!

As to ground crew, won't any 72nd scale figures work? Surely the Japanese guys aren't that much different in 1/72 - I can only find pics of a few modern JASDF groundies, but they just seem to wear ordinary OD overalls like most of the rest of the world. Would the Hasegawa US ground crew figures work? After all you have a US helo with a US truck refuelling it so I guess they may well have worn the same type US overalls?

Either that or say they've all gone for sushi...!!

Anyway, it's a superb diorama with or without little men!

Keith

• Like 1

Noice! I ran into the WIP yesterday and, enthralled, read it from start to finish. Which was confusing due to the removed portions referenced in some posts, but oh well. Great to see it done and dusted - those Japanese schemes are certainly eye catching.

• Like 1

No problems Nigel - the pictures spoke volumes. I did once consider doing the Special Hobby CH-37 Mohave, but when I realised the work that would be needed in those big, empty engine pods, I put the kit down and backed away, carefully... Now that I see what you've had to do here, I'm glad I didn't allow my enthusiasm to run away with me. Because I am the laziest modeller you will ever see.

Now Nigel....

Surely the working light inside the Flying Banana is just showing off! :winkgrin:

Great build...love the detail and the crossover of the different elements incorporated in the diorama.

I couldn't build a decent truck to save my life!

Thanks also for the encouragement on my recent builds....much appreciated.

I think I noticed a small smudge on the windscreen of the banana......Baahaahaa :analintruder:

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1