Airfix Gloster Javelin

Here's one from earlier this year. It's the Airfix 1/48 Gloster Javelin which I bought at Christmas for a very nice £31.99 at Modelzone in the Metro Centre.

14920246870_30c0f6a4f2_b.jpgGloster Javelin by simon_rw, on Flickr

14920329027_2b1ab6857a_b.jpgJavelin underside by simon_rw, on Flickr

15103872741_3fb455f713_b.jpgJavelin cockpit by simon_rw, on Flickr

Bizarre purple splotches courtesy of my iPhone :)

• Like 13

Excellent model of the Javelin. I've always liked the Javelin for some reason - it has a certain massive charm. I almost suspect that Glosters put the horizontal tail on just to make it that much more massive. I'd love to see Airfix do a new-mould kit in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Very nice Flatiron model.

1/48 a bit big for the amount of space I've got for display, and like Learstang, I hope Airfix sort out a 1/72 version. I've got an old Frog kit but it's got raised panel lines and I'm unsure I want to go through the sanding and rescribing routine!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Wow! What a great finish. Well done indeed. I really like your paint work.

Man, there's some panel detail on that kit. How much of that did you have to do / re do yourself, I wonder.

Time for a new phone, though... haha!

Thanks everyone. Yes, I think it might be time for a new phone soon. The panel line details needed a bit of a rescribe at the joins, but the fuselage is split horizontally, not vertically, so there's only the panel lines at the nose and on the wings to neaten, which makes life a lot easier. Panel line detail was accentuated with an oil wash, plus use of fded and lightened paint so it didn't look like one big block of colour.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1