What to make road surface from

goon

Hi gang,

I need to make a tarmac road surface, so need to lay about 2mm of something with a realistic texture on to the hardboard back of a picture frame. I'm guessing it needs an amount of flexibility so as not to crack or peel away from the hardboard.

Any suggestions of what to use please? Preferrably available from somewhere like B&Q so I can go out and get some this afternoon.

Cheers,

Gareth

Aerosols and paint it. I lay down two or three coast of grey primer over a couple of coats of sanding sealer applied by brush which gives abit of texture and gives a good ket to the hardboard and for the cellulose paint. I then mist alternate coats of cream dark grey and black. If it's too darl or light just and more grey or black as required. Four aerosols from Halfords plus a small tin of sanding sealer shouldn't cost too much and you'll have enough for lots of roadway bases.

For a concrete base lay the cream down first.

Colin

Wet 'n Dry sandpaper, various grades to choose from and being dark grey it comes precoloured :)

Yes , that would be my suggestion as well , precoloured and textured , just weather it a bit.

Thanks for the ideas. I've got some things to embed in it so it really needs to be a pourable / spreadable substance.

Cheers,

Gareth

Thanks for the further replies. I've mixed some flexible filler with the normal stuff and a lot of water. It was drying slowly last night, so we'll see what it's like when I get home. I suspect I might be having to have a second go though!