First RAF A400M Painted

Me going off beat here:

How about doing it in RAF Transport Command with the white top. light aircraft grey and blue flash, full colour red white blue fin flash and D type roundels underwing serials, ZM367, 53 squadron.... And then calling it the Belfast II!!! After all its not a lot different to the size of the Belfast!

My serial number is based on XR367 a Belfast I flew in.

70 Sqn is forming at Brize - at least there is a sqn sign being put up and a whole lot of offices being moved around...

Regards

Tim

70 Squadron has already disbanded. At the time of its disbandment parade, various sources suggested that it would be the first to form on the Atlas (as I suppose we must call it), and I can't shake the nagging feeling that I have heard that someone I know has been appointed as OC 70 Squadron for later this year (although I will have to re-read the email when I get back in to work - if I can find it - to see if I actually read it properly).

Would I be right in thinking that ZM400 (and '401 and '402, which are reportedly nearly ready to fly) is painted in the current iteration of Dark Camouflage Grey? Also are there any significant external differences between he prototypes (as kitted by Revell in 1/72th) and the production aeroplanes? I think there has been a change to the APU exhaust but I don't recall seeing it illustrated. Enquiring minds wold like to know.....

I have ordered my 1/144th Revell A400M from Shenanigan's model shop in Cornwall - via ebay - for £19.97 plus £3 postage. Should be with me by Wednesday. Hannants are showing it as a future release at £24.99.

John

My Revell A400M arrived today, 24 hours after ordering from Shenanigans Toys of Liskeard. What good service.

The kit contains markings for a German and French machine as well as prototype markings. No RAF markings so I hope that one of the decal manufacturers will help out before too long - how about it Xtradecal??

From a quick look at the sprues there are 2 sets of prop blades, one fully feathered and the other non-feathered. There is a complete interior with an opening ramp. It is nicely moulded with very fine panel detail.

Nice one Revell!

John