Revell 1/48th RAF Tornado GR1A.......

Thanks Houston, yes it's over once again, where does the time go? ....trawling through that lot can be exhausting. After Telford a small group of us visited Elvington again, primarily to look at the fabulous Mirage IVA but also to go over the Tornados to clear up a few detail points.  I'll be back on task as soon as commitments allow...  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, Houston, things are a bit hectic here, I'm struggling to find time for my own builds at the moment due to working on a few rather involved projects for Airfix Model World which need completing by the New Year. Once they're done and dusted I can concentrate on getting this and a few others in the BM stash finished. I'll let you know the minute things ease up.

Permission to speak General - The troops are becoming restless sir. They've been kept behind the lines waiting, and idle, for too long. There are mutinous murmerings in the air. I fear they could even break into:

"What do we want? :The General's Tornado"

"When do we want it?: Now"

Ooh er.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Melchett, Sáá... :worthy:

Got the blokes @ Revell Germany send me the whole intake trunk sprue parts on the Revell Tonka kit to see how - and when - to graft it onto my last remaining Italeri IDS kit.

May I post piccies about that task on yer thread? I might as well cry for some aid, y'see.

Incidentally; how's yer build going?

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Unc...sorry for the delay in replying, I've been very busy with several non-model related projects..cors you can, add whatever you like, it'll be interesting to see how you get on with the graft. The Tonka is back on the bench and about to receive a gloss coat ready for decalling, I'll update the thread asap.

Melch

• Julien unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 3:05 PM, general melchett said:

Thanks Romel, as soon as Telford's over I'll get back to finishing the thing...it's well overdue, other professional modelling projects just keep pushing it downfield...:wacko:

I suppose to be fair, you did not specify which Telford you were talking about 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, general melchett said:

Hi Unc...sorry for the delay in replying, I've been very busy with several non-model related projects..cors you can, add whatever you like, it'll be interesting to see how you get on with the graft. The Tonka is back on the bench and about to receive a gloss coat ready for decalling, I'll update the thread asap.

Melch

In for the STGB, Melch? Or holding out for the KUTA GB...?

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Did the memsahib kill him? Where is the finished model? Someone please tell me I didn't waste five hours of my life reading this whole thing for nothing ((well it was a good laugh at least) And the modelling was amazing)

"Los Trios Gormlossos" I'm still laughing now