GB Chat

Hi Blastvader

If you want to do the Blenheim, I have just got the Xtradecal set 7202 for mine and I am going to do the 90 sqdn (K7307) which leaves another Bomber command machine available. You are more than welcome to the underwing and fuselage serials and sqdn badge (I think it has one). I will see what I need for mine i.e. if there are any roundels left etc. If you want them PM me with your address and I will get off to you.

Edit - it is a 57 sqdn machine , serial L1145there are the serials and sqdn crest and there are enough roundels to spare if you need them.

All the best
Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge

If it's OK, I'm going to be changing my Halifax build to a Trumpy Wellington Mk.III.. So I won't be starting now until after the 12th October as the kits down in London and I'm visiting that weekend so I will bring it back up.

Edited by Radleigh

Can we do more than one build?

When I`ve done my Whitley I quite fancy building a 4 or 6 Group Merlin Halifax or a 100 Group Fortress II and I`m pretty sure I`d get two kits finished by January.

There are some great projects on the go so far and I`m glad that you`ve opened it out to cover the pre war years too, we should have some nice Blenheims and Wellesleys at least and maybe some more escoteric types besides?

Cheers

Tony

It's unusually quiet in this GB, would of thought there'd be double the builds going on. Is there something going on that I'm missing?

I have three going, but I haven't started build threads yet.

It's unusually quiet in this GB, would of thought there'd be double the builds going on. Is there something going on that I'm missing?

I'm just finishing up my WW1 GB entry before I start on my Blenheim. I've tried doing two projects at once, one look at my Sabre GB thread will show you how well that went :P

So silly question,

I'm hopefully going to be going to the Canadian Warplane Museum in about 2 weeks and taking some photos especially of their Lancaster now that it's returned from England. Are there any camera shots/angles that would be of interest?

Most of their collection appears to be BCATP trainers but will be snapping photos away irregardless.

Cheers,

foresterab

Like some of the other guys, I've got another GB on the go too and want to join in the Lightning one as well!

Then I look around the house and accept that it needs a damn good cleaning today.

Then the F1 is on

Then there's the kids.

O b****r the lot, back to the modelling!!!!!

Hampden. Hmmm. I've got an Airfix kit to do here with all the trimmings (etch, vac). Wonder if I'll get time before the deadline?

Quick question for everyone to help me decide my build (being deployed I have 2 choices beaufighter 141 Sqn or Ventura 464 Sqn (only 2 relevant kits I have with me!) What size would the red codes be for 141 Sqn in late 1943?

Edited by Rafwaffe

It's a bit strange how quiet it is - but I guess everybody else is building other things at the moment. We still have a few months to go too...

I'm currently trying to get time to carry on with my 1/24 Typhoon - although progress is a bit slower than I was hoping for.

When I get it done though, I'll start on my build. Hopefully, I'll get a few days where I can do something soon!!!

I was on holiday when the GB started and having got back home there was stuff that needed doing at home. I've been away all weekend in Scotland and this week I need to finalise my company accounts. Hopefully as of next week I'll be building, although I am currently reviewing my choices...

I`ve just received a Hampden in the post today to go with the fantastic Authentic Decals Hampden sheet and will get on with that alongside my Halibag once the Whitley is done! I`m trying my best and would like to do another Hercules engined Halibag too but that might be `A Bridge Too Far' in time for January!

Cheers

Tony

I should be starting very soon, had very little spare time for one reason or another. And I've had a cold thingy for nearly 4 weeks now.

Good afternoon

I have a Hasegawa Mosquito B IV in my stash and I would like to know if it is qualified for this Gb ?

Patrice

I quick Google says that 105, 109 and 139 squadrons all had B IVs under bomber command. Before moving to the pathfinder force.

So based on that it would be eligible. But you'd have to ask the hosts.

I quick Google says that 105, 109 and 139 squadrons all had B IVs under bomber command. Before moving to the pathfinder force.

So based on that it would be eligible. But you'd have to ask the hosts.

Good evening Blastvader

Thank you I hope one of the hosts have enough time to consider my request ..

Patrice