1/72 - Dassault Mirage III V-01 & V-02 by Modelsvit for Bassin-Maquette - V-01 & V-02 released - PE by NH Detail

Homebee

Just received mine this afternoon, 3 days, from France, courier delivery over here....... superb service. Upon opening the box it's apparent that you certainly get your moneys worth !...lots of delicately engraved parts, a pe set and rather nice decals...very much looking forward to cracking on with this one !

Thought you would like it, and no doubt you will do it justice especially with the mix of greys and metals :thumbsup:

• Like 1

And do I understand correctly that there is another version of this same airplane yet to be kitted? I have to admit a lack of familiarity with the aircraft.

Yeap the first post by Homebee qouted them doing a pair, the V01 and the V02 twin seat version.

Cheers Geoff, yep right up my street...whose going to be first to 'whif it I wonder......lots of potential, even if the real thing was considered unsuitable as a production fighter, but I rather like the challenge of the original metallic finish myself.

And do I understand correctly that there is another version of this same airplane yet to be kitted?

The V02 version had revised intake doors over the lift engine bays, a new engine, (the TF-306C, a derivative of the troublesome P&W TF-30 that powered the early F-111'S and F-14A's), and different markings...(wasn't a two seater though Geoff), sadly it crashed during 'crabbing' trials effectively killing the project....

Not enough of a change to warrant a separate kit I wouldn't have thought, just adds up to a new exhaust unit, new lift engine doors and a few extra decals.......could have bunged the extra bits in the one box !

Received mine today. What a nice kit! I'm really impressed with what Modelsvit is doing, having recently received a couple of additional Modelsvit kits. Looking forward to starting this one and adding it to my collection, and the V-02 version as well.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how I can get hold of this kit if I'm outside the EU or UK?

I'm in Australia & although I can create an account on the Bassin Maquette site, I'm not able to complete an order because of my location. eBay is a no-go as well as I'm not able to complete a purchase (once again) because of my location.

I've emailed the shop through eBay to ask if they can give me an excemption but so far, no responses...

Ebay has nothing to do with this. It looks like an omission from the part of the retailer: he chose Europe, Americas and Asia as destinations and simply forgot to consider Australia as possible business-generating place.

I'm in the E.U. and before buying (actually pre-ordering) the kit I tried to contact the seller on ebay to find out about a combined postage option. I did not receive any reply until after the moment I actually pressed the "Buy Now" button on the Mirage and the other kit I was after - I committed to buying the kits without knowing what the P&P costs would be... Luckily they turned out to be more than bearable :thumbsup2:

So, the lack of communication has nothing to do with the continent :(

If there's no other source for the kit, keep buzzing them directly on their site and if everything else fails we will find a willing soul ready to play the relay, buy a kit and redirect it to the southern hemisphere (P&P costs might be an issue but that can be further investigated if necessary).

Cheers,

Niki

I received a reply from the store last night explaining that they're more than happy to sell & ship a kit to Australia. Happy days...

However, their online store seems to have an error when accepting the terms & conditions at check-out when the additional postage is required at the last stage before payment. Furthermore, they have stipulated which countries they sell to in their eBay setup (possibly set by default), which will not allow me to purchase this way either. I've asked them to adjust their geographic exclusion on eBay so I can purchase that way. On eBay, I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of checking a box labelled "Australia" or "Oceania" or something & submitting the change.

Hopefully it will sort itself out sooner or later...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why you can't get it through ebay; that's how I got mine. I wasn't aware ebay discriminated against Aussies.

Hi Michael,

How much was your shipping to the USA? Wanting one of these, I asked about shipping via Ebay on their listing, but never got an answer.

Gary

Hi Michael,

How much was your shipping to the USA? Wanting one of these, I asked about shipping via Ebay on their listing, but never got an answer.

Gary

I paid a total of $37.37 (34.95 Euros) which included shipping. My ebay purchase history does not show a separate shipping charge. That was the pre-order sale price.

I paid a total of $37.37 (34.95 Euros) which included shipping. My ebay purchase history does not show a separate shipping charge. That was the pre-order sale price.

Thank you for the quick response - It pays to be an early shopper. My Ebay transaction won't go through as shipping is not specified by the seller (although it shows up as "free" in the summary). I have sent a total request to the seller........ Ebay used to be so simple.

Gary

Thank you for the quick response - It pays to be an early shopper. My Ebay transaction won't go through as shipping is not specified by the seller (although it shows up as "free" in the summary). I have sent a total request to the seller........ Ebay used to be so simple.

Gary

You're welcome. Let us know how it works out. Once you receive an invoice for the total, you should be able to remit payment with Paypal.

• 6 months later...

Mirage III V-02 released for the end of 2016. For Christmas.

Just in time for the Mirage Group Build for 2017

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Is it me or the 4000 is next in line?

look at the box side (upper one in the picture).

:blink:

Thread is here: 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235012644-172-dassault-mirage-4000-by-modeslvit-for-bassin-maquette-release-in-2017/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 6 months later...