1/32 Tamiya F-4C Robin Olds....

Second attempt at owning a 1/32 Tamiya F-4C Phantom. The first met an untimely demise….

This one I managed to dislodge the open canopies whilst taking these shots. A bit of a dusty layer on the Rhino…can’t imagine why as I’ve always got fluffy dusters handy….OOB, gunze paints, mig pigments, pastels. Next one will be the 1/32 F-4E Early Version…..maybe as Arkansas Traveller or Steve Ritchie version...

DSC09020.jpg

DSC09032.jpg

DSC09050.jpg

DSC09022.jpg

DSC09023.jpg

DSC09027.jpg

DSC09044.jpg

DSC09041.jpg

DSC09040.jpg

DSC09030.jpg

DSC09034.jpg

DSC09026.jpg

DSC09047.jpg

DSC09043.jpg

• Like 21

Phantastic Phantom Sanjay, a great subject too. I'm a big fan of Robin Olds and I have the die cast Hobbymaster 1/72 F-4 of his. 1/32 must be a hell of a size - what dimensions is she? I'm committed to 1/72 but sometimes do get tempted by the larger scales. I have been eyeing up the Academy 1/48 F-4C......

Great build. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for their kind comments. The Tamiya kit is a relatively easy build and me being a big Phantom Phan I just had to get a couple. Didn't realise I had the 'Chico the Gunfighter' 1/32 decals so maybe that will adorn an F-4E? Again it's all about time and the need to sleep once in awhile..

Phantastic Phantom Sanjay, a great subject too. I'm a big fan of Robin Olds and I have the die cast Hobbymaster 1/72 F-4 of his. 1/32 must be a hell of a size - what dimensions is she? I'm committed to 1/72 but sometimes do get tempted by the larger scales. I have been eyeing up the Academy 1/48 F-4C......

Great build. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Robin Olds he was the last of the 6 gunfighting cowboys......He was larger than life and I'm pretty sure he loved the smell of burnt cordite from his Vulcan M61 in the morning. The Tamiya kit is big enough...but not as big as an 1/18th scale F-14 Tomcat so to me 1/72 needs an electron microscope. Have to admit 1/72 is a little more challenging than the larger scales for me..

• 1 month later...

Very nice. Robin Olds commanded the 81st at Bentwaters before he went to 'nam. That airframe cycled through here after Vietnam. Then he got it back when he ran the Air Force academy.

The original is on display at the AF Museum, and he insisted it was displayed 'as is' and not restored to pristine finish.

• Like 1