Eduard LFG Roland C.IIa "Walfish"

After positive replay by dazdot

I decided to enter in this GB with a LFG Roland C.IIA "Walfish"

the reason is also because the town hall of my city is organizing the events for next year, and would like to have models of biplanes to exhibit.

Ithe kit is an Eduard 1/48 Weekend without aftermarket.

I'll try to finish it on the scheduled date, here a picture of the box and not mounted.

RolandCIIaWalfish.jpg

I'll start this evening, after job !

See you soon

Ettore

• Like 2

Hi all

Today only two images about start !

I glued three little frame on engine base and the electricals cables to glow plugs

1_Basamentomotore.jpg

2_Dettaglimotore.jpg

Now I will give a bit of color: aluminum base and cylinders blacks such as valves, and then washing with a bit of oil.

Ettore

As I promised, here the complete engine and the opened pipe exhaust

3_Motore.jpg

As you can see missing a piece of the collector, because this part should be removed with the last valve and then enter the engine compartment, as the instructions say

4_Pipe1.jpg

5_Pipe2.jpg

But also the blue greysh, dark and cleared, in interior surfaces

6_Paratieinterne.jpg

See you soon !!

Ettore

Edited by Ettore

Ettore, I built this kit a few years back. There is nothing to trip you up in the build. A few improvements that can be made are to open up the bulkhead between the cockpits, (as it is not solid in real life) and to drill out the camera ports in the lower fuselage

Thanks Andy Wood

Please ! Have you some photos or draws about the bulkhead between the cockpits ?
Only to see the right hole, if is a square or circular or semi-circular

Thanks in advance

Ettore

Hi all

Three little step today !

First a coat of desert yellow Tamiya on internal bulkheads

7_Paratieinterne.jpg

Then, I gave the thin layers of oil colors: sienna, burnt sienna and Bruno Van Dyke.
I mildly dried with a hair dryer and then I had let them dry a day

8_Paratieinterneeffettolegno.jpg

The sequence of the exhaust pipe was:
base of black, dry brushing of silver, dark red and brown
Later I will use color smoke and dust to age.

9_Pipedipinta.jpg

A nice week to all :thumbsup:

Ettore

Ettore, does this help. This is from the WNW instructions. The round thing on your bulkhead is the antenna reel. It can be mounted on the bulkhead or on the stbd side of the rear cockpit, just forward of the window.

2.jpg

Thanks "andy wood" for the drawing, now with this, you force me to a good reproduction and to eviscerate the bulkheads and then touch up with oils, I hope I do not do anything stupid like my usual

thanks again

Ettore

• 2 weeks later...

Ok people
do a little summary: andy wood has kindly advised to modify the interior of the cockpit according to the instructions of the Wingnut, I was delighted by the draws, I immediately said Yes!
Unfortunately, I have studied the situation well and I would have to completely to destroy the work cutting everything, considering that in 1:48 scale is a little more difficult than in 1/32 scale, I decided to do it as it proposes by Eduard .... ........
and here is my finished cockpit.

10_Interni.jpg

11_Interni2.jpg

A matt gunze H20 completed the work
Obviously the advice andy wood are not in vain, I downloaded from the website Wingnut's the instructions of of Roland and in the future I intend to buy it .............. thanks andy wood :bye:

Ettore

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks all !

Yess ! I return to work on Roland

I have been absent 10 days because I missed the tree with the rudder and horizontal stabilizer; Fortunately, I found someone in Italy who sold me a new Roland .......I cannibalized it ! :ike:
I'll use it as a test for the colors.
I closed the fuselage, lower wings pasted and also pasted the missing parts, and finally a coat of white primer which also serves to give a clear background.

Note: the wings are only inserted

12_Fusolierachiusaeprimer.jpg

13_Fusolierachiusaeprimer_2.jpg

14_Fusolierachiusaeprimer_3.jpg

Today I'll start with lower color, a pale blue !

Ettore

• Like 1